Tim Tim is offline

Default Marketing phrases to avoid....

I got this from a little auto-electric trade paper I take. I thought it
was "interesting" if not "factual"

Enjoy!

1. ALL NEW -Not compatible with the previous model.

2. ADVANCED DESIGN - Upper management doesn't understand it.

3. BREAKTHROUGH - It nearly worked, on first try.

4. NEW - It comes in different colors than the previous version.

5. DESIGN SIMPLICITY - It was developed on a shoestring budget.

6. EXCLUSIVE - We're the only ones who have the documentation.

7. FIELD TESTED - Manufacturing doesn't have a test system.

8. FOOLPROOF OPERATION - Made for dumb users.

9. FUTURISTIC - You won't understand it.

10. IT'S HERE AT LAST - A 26 week project in 48 weeks.

11. MAINTENANCE FREE - Impossible to fix

12. PERFORMANCE PROVEN - See 7.

13. REVOLUTIONARY DESIGN - See 8. and 9.

14. SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - We'll send you another one when the first
one fails.

15. STOCK ITEM - We shipped it once before, and we can do it again,
probably.

16. UNMATCHED QUALITY - It's almost as good as the competition.

17. UNPRECEDENTED PERFORMANCE - Nothing ever worked this way before.

18. YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT - See 10.

Tim Tim is offline

Tim wrote:
[...]

OTOH!

http://www.kbconsulting.org/images/misc/bs_bingo.jpg

"Tim" wrote in message
ups.com...
I got this from a little auto-electric trade paper I take. I thought it
was "interesting" if not "factual"

Enjoy!

Other words to avoid: http://i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=20658

I can never watch another Seinfeld episode without this video coming to
mind.

Tim wrote:

7. FIELD TESTED - Manufacturing doesn't have a test system.

This must be why I don't recall seeing this in software marketing.

Most boats however are field tested, and that's a good thing! :-)

8. FOOLPROOF OPERATION - Made for dumb users.

State of the art in many products today...

10. IT'S HERE AT LAST - A 26 week project in 48 weeks.

Also means the press hype started at week 0.

Risto

One more...

Tim wrote:

2. ADVANCED DESIGN - Upper management doesn't understand it.

Not really needed, it will happen in any case

Risto