RG RG is offline

Default I need some ideas..

on how to get these freakin' balloons out of a 75 foot tree.

http://www.swsports.org/images/PB143360.JPG

http://www.swsports.org/images/PB143361.JPG

I was wondering what the dogs were barking at out the front bay
window.

Now I know.

And I want them gone.

Use The Force, Luke. Or in this case, let the next Nor'Easter take care of
it. With any luck, maybe they'll blow into the trees of the Putz that let
them loose in the first place.

Other solutions with much more entertainment value for the observer:
Low-flying plane with a tailhook.
George Jetson-style strap-on jet pack (don't forget your helmet).
Two words: Flubber shoes.
If you're out of Flubber, a very large trampoline (still thinking the helmet
is a good idea).
Make significant donation to local Catholic church. Ask to borrow Flying
Nun for about an hour.

Any of the above should be complimented with a ground-based video crew to
maximize aforementioned entertainment value.

"RG" wrote in message
m...

[...]

During a visit to our former house in Florida, one of the grandkids was
flying a kite out in one of the horse pastures and it ended up getting
caught high in a pine tree.

Three hurricanes later, it was still there.

Eisboch

RG RG is offline

Three hurricanes later, it was still there.

Could have been worse. Had it been me, the hurricane would have blown the
tree down onto the house, with the kite still positioned in the tree.

Eisboch wrote:
"RG" wrote in message
m...

. ..

[...]

A few years ago I saw a dead seagull entangled in fishing line half way
up a very large Linden tree just over my property line on the
neighbour's side.

I called the different gov't departments but didn't get much help so I
just let it go.
After a season the remains disappeared... probably eaten by the local crows.

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:37:48 GMT, "RG" wrote:

. ..

on how to get these freakin' balloons out of a 75 foot tree.

http://www.swsports.org/images/PB143360.JPG

http://www.swsports.org/images/PB143361.JPG

I was wondering what the dogs were barking at out the front bay
window.

Now I know.

And I want them gone.

Use The Force, Luke.

I tried that - didn't work.

Or in this case, let the next Nor'Easter take care of
it. With any luck, maybe they'll blow into the trees of the Putz that let
them loose in the first place.

Well, we are in for some wind in the next few days.

Other solutions with much more entertainment value for the observer:
Low-flying plane with a tailhook.
George Jetson-style strap-on jet pack (don't forget your helmet).
Two words: Flubber shoes.
If you're out of Flubber, a very large trampoline (still thinking the helmet
is a good idea).
Make significant donation to local Catholic church. Ask to borrow Flying
Nun for about an hour.

Any of the above should be complimented with a ground-based video crew to
maximize aforementioned entertainment value.

Those are all great ideas, but I'm looking for a more Wile E. Coyote
type solution.

I looked in the ACME catalog, but didn't see anything worth while
except for the springs you put on your shoes.

Maybe I should build a really big ramp, get a running start in the
F-250 and as I fly by the tree, reach out the window and grab the damn
things.

I'd use the 'General' if I was going to try that. Ask Mrs. E if you can
borrow it.

"Don White" wrote in message

I'd use the 'General' if I was going to try that. Ask Mrs. E if you can
borrow it.

Mrs.E. has no authority over the General. Not much anyway. Maybe a little.

Funny you should suggest that though. A couple of hours ago I got an email
from the Art Director, Office of Marketing Communications at Boston College.
Somehow she found out about the General Lee. Seems the theme for their
holiday office party this year is "The Dukes of Hazzard" and she wanted to
know if I would be willing to rent it to them for a few hours and bring it
to some place in Chestnut Hill.

No way am I taking into Boston, let alone "rent" it for a college office
party.

Eisboch

[...]

The Vette. Remember the advert they pulled.

RG RG is offline

I looked in the ACME catalog, but didn't see anything worth while
except for the springs you put on your shoes.

Look again. 2006 edition, Page 48, lower right of page. Small rockets
strapped to ankles. Very reliable early in flight, but trajectory is often
reversed, usually by some overhanging precipice, resulting in high-speed,
head-first, premature ending of flight with rockets still on afterburn.
Objective unrealized. Beep. Beep.

Maybe I should build a really big ramp, get a running start in the
F-250 and as I fly by the tree, reach out the window and grab the damn
things.

You could hire this guy:

http://www.eisboch.com/Loading.wmv

Eisboch

RG RG is offline

"Eisboch" wrote in message

Maybe I should build a really big ramp, get a running start in the
F-250 and as I fly by the tree, reach out the window and grab the damn
things.

You could hire this guy:

http://www.eisboch.com/Loading.wmv

I think he retired at a young age. From everything.