Default 2000 Yamaha 225 OX66 which cuts out over 4000rpm - Any ideas?

I have a 2000 Yamaha OX66, 225 HP, EFI 2 stroke with about 325 hrs on
it. Lately if I am running over about 4000 rpm the motor will
occassionally cut out for a second then resume running normally. It's
as if it momentarily gets "unplugged". I can make it happen if I run
head on into another boats wake. I checked the harness going into the
outboard and everything seems fine. The ignition switch seems fine
also. I changed the vapor fuel filter on the outboard with a Yamaha
replacement and also changed the in-line fuel filter/water seperator.
I use premium gasoline and Yamalube and Ring free religiously. I spray
the engine with CRC or WD40 and other than this the outboard runs like
a top. Any ideas?

Problem with my 2000 Yamaha OX66 225HP Outboard over 4000rpm -cuts out Grady White General 1 August 28th 06 01:51 AM
Olive wants to go to the Caribbean ! [email protected] Cruising 20 December 10th 05 02:03 AM
Real humans modify the monkey's tax cuts Doug Kanter General 28 March 11th 05 11:17 PM
Mercury 1, Yamaha 0 Gould 0738 General 8 October 21st 04 03:35 AM
yamaha cuts out need help Dave Atkinson General 0 July 13th 03 04:57 AM