Calif Bill

Default OT- Power outage in NY. Coincidence?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:

I can teach a guy to frame a house a whole lot faster and easier than
teaching him the engineering of same building. Sure the apprentices

take
some tech courses, but no where near the amount needed for a degree.

Maybe
an AA if they also took 30 semester units of liberal arts courses and 14
units of advanced math / english.

Uh-huh. Try apprenticing in the electrical trades.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Most electricians can read the code book and look at the tables. They do
not have the ability to engineer the systems. 3-4 years of work and some
schooling. Does not add up to a college degree level of course work.

Mark Browne

k.net...

Calif Bill wrote:

I can teach a guy to frame a house a whole lot faster and easier than
teaching him the engineering of same building. Sure the apprentices

take
some tech courses, but no where near the amount needed for a degree.

Maybe
an AA if they also took 30 semester units of liberal arts courses and

14
units of advanced math / english.

Uh-huh. Try apprenticing in the electrical trades.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Most electricians can read the code book and look at the tables. They do
not have the ability to engineer the systems. 3-4 years of work and some
schooling. Does not add up to a college degree level of course work.

That is playing slightly fast with the facts. I know enough of the trade to
appreciate that there is a good deal to know to *know* the trade.
Some schooling = two year associate degree. That starts to approach the
investment associated with a college degree. When you add the supervised OJT
you have as much investment as an electronics engineering degree.

Mark Browne

Calif Bill

"Mark Browne" wrote in message

k.net...

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

I know enough of the trade, and is no where near an EE degree. I have an
EE, and is a whole lot more study went in to that than a electricians
schooling.

New owner - Question about AC power Paul General 10 August 9th 03 04:59 AM
What is the most reliable power set up for a powerboat? Nekto Poli General 1 July 31st 03 04:13 PM
Power Trim Gazunni General 2 July 31st 03 02:42 AM
Power Trim Gazunni General 0 July 30th 03 01:14 AM
94' OMC 115 loses power after first 5 minutes Jacob Morgan General 0 July 13th 03 04:15 PM