RCE

Default Yo - Red Sox fans...

"JIMinFL" wrote in message
ink.net...

"RCE" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:41:34 -0400, " JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT
comREMOVETHIS wrote:

Is there such a thing as a Red Sox fan pre 2004?

I've been a Red Sox fan since that ******* liberal weenie Ted Turner
took my Milwaukee Braves and turned them into the Atlanta Braves.

*******. :)

You mean the Boston Braves. Milwaukee? Blech.

The only people that come to mind when Milwaukee is mentioned are Laverne
and Shirley.

RCE

You forgot "The beer that made Milwaukee famous". Also, Don't they
assemble some kind of motorcycle there too?

Yep. 3700 West Juneau Avenue, to be exact. Funny you should mention it
because I wish I had bought some of their stock a few years ago. HD, for a
100% American company, has truly become a global business and has done very
well. They just opened their first outlet in China.

RCE

RCE

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:10:52 GMT, "JIMinFL"
wrote:

om...

comREMOVETHIS wrote:

Is there such a thing as a Red Sox fan pre 2004?

I've been a Red Sox fan since that ******* liberal weenie Ted Turner
took my Milwaukee Braves and turned them into the Atlanta Braves.

*******. :)

You mean the Boston Braves. Milwaukee? Blech.

The only people that come to mind when Milwaukee is mentioned are
Laverne
and Shirley.

You forgot "The beer that made Milwaukee famous". Also, Don't they
assemble
some kind of motorcycle there too?

Yeah - Suzuki...

Suzuki builds something everywhere. It's the shotgun approach. Even if you
miss 50 percent of the time, you still win.

RCE

RCE

comREMOVETHIS wrote:

Is there such a thing as a Red Sox fan pre 2004?
I've been a Red Sox fan since that ******* liberal weenie Ted Turner
took my Milwaukee Braves and turned them into the Atlanta Braves.

*******. :)

You mean the Boston Braves. Milwaukee? Blech.

You all are wrong. Ted Turner purchased the Braves after they had been
in Atlanta a number of years. Harry if you had supported the Boston
Braves, they would still be there.

I was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan, but I did attend quite a few ball games in
Boston because my relatives we visited there liked to go. My favorite
Bostonian, though, was the National Shawmut Bank Indian.

Historical question. Before it was called "Boston" what was the original
name of the city?

RCE

John Gaquin

You forgot "The beer that made Milwaukee famous".

.....which also brings to mind that absolutely awful baseball joke........

John Gaquin

"RCE" wrote in message

Historical question. Before it was called "Boston" what was the original
name of the city?

The place was called Shawmut by the local Indians. It was called
Trimountain by the inhabitants of the settlement of Charlestown, across the
harbor. From its earliest formal designation as a town by the General Court
of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, it was called Boston.

RCE

"John Gaquin" wrote in message
. ..

"RCE" wrote in message

Historical question. Before it was called "Boston" what was the original
name of the city?

The place was called Shawmut by the local Indians. It was called
Trimountain by the inhabitants of the settlement of Charlestown, across
the harbor. From its earliest formal designation as a town by the General
Court of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, it was called Boston.

Shawmut was the name I was looking for. Didn't know about the others.
Interesting. Anyway, The Shawmut Bank was an icon for many years in this
area back in the 50's and 60's. I remember as a little kid going with my
grandmother to the branch in Quincy Center. Big, impressive granite
building with the Indian statue at the entrance and in the huge lobby.
Long gone, I guess.

RCE

JimH

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

Is there such a thing as a Red Sox fan pre 2004?

Are you kidding?? Only a person who knows nothing of the Red Sox would
even *think* such a thing, much less put it into print. There have been
Red Sox fans who lived out their entire lives waiting and hoping for the
dream to come to fruition. On Oct 28 of '04, there were thousands of
gravestones in cemeteries all over New England bearing Red Sox caps, with
notes attached from loved ones saying "We did it, Dad......."

I just looked up the attendance records and you are indeed correct. My
apologies to all the Red Sox fans. Generally 2 million+ in attendance from
1976 on, with only a couple of off years.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/rsoxatte.shtml

The Cleveland Indians did not see that type of attendance until 1993 and we
had a nice streak of sold out games for the entire season from '96 to '00.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/cleiatte.shtml

BTW: What happened in 1967 to cause the sudden upturn in attendance at
Fenway?

RCE

[...]

YOU don't know???? People here relive the '67 season in their dreams.

RCE

JimH

"RCE" wrote in message

[...]

Oops. So that was *the* year. Silly me. ;-)

John Gaquin

"Harry Krause" wrote in message .

Trimontaine. Remember, I am a full-blooded Yankee.

SW Connecticut might be Yankee country if you're looking from Virginia, or
Mississippi, or some other place that ends in a pronounced vowel.
But..........if yaw from westa Wista, well...... yorra forrena :-)