JimH

Default Yo - Red Sox fans...

"RCE" wrote in message

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

Is there such a thing as a Red Sox fan pre 2004?

Are you kidding?? Only a person who knows nothing of the Red Sox would
even *think* such a thing, much less put it into print. There have been
Red Sox fans who lived out their entire lives waiting and hoping for the
dream to come to fruition. On Oct 28 of '04, there were thousands of
gravestones in cemeteries all over New England bearing Red Sox caps,
with notes attached from loved ones saying "We did it, Dad......."

I just looked up the attendance records and you are indeed correct. My
apologies to all the Red Sox fans. Generally 2 million+ in attendance
from 1976 on, with only a couple of off years.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/rsoxatte.shtml

The Cleveland Indians did not see that type of attendance until 1993 and
we had a nice streak of sold out games for the entire season from '96 to
'00.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/cleiatte.shtml

BTW: What happened in 1967 to cause the sudden upturn in attendance at
Fenway?

YOU don't know???? People here relive the '67 season in their dreams.

RCE

Oops. So that was *the* year. Silly me. ;-)