JimH

Default Yo - Red Sox fans...

Is there such a thing as a Red Sox fan pre 2004?

MGG

I've been a Red Sox fan for longer than I can remember. The fair weather,
post 2004 fans are weenies...

--Mike

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

Is there such a thing as a Red Sox fan pre 2004?

RCE

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:41:34 -0400, " JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT
comREMOVETHIS wrote:

Is there such a thing as a Red Sox fan pre 2004?

I've been a Red Sox fan since that ******* liberal weenie Ted Turner
took my Milwaukee Braves and turned them into the Atlanta Braves.

*******. :)

You mean the Boston Braves. Milwaukee? Blech.

The only people that come to mind when Milwaukee is mentioned are Laverne
and Shirley.

RCE

Reggie Smithers

comREMOVETHIS wrote:

Is there such a thing as a Red Sox fan pre 2004?

I've been a Red Sox fan since that ******* liberal weenie Ted Turner
took my Milwaukee Braves and turned them into the Atlanta Braves.

*******. :)

You mean the Boston Braves. Milwaukee? Blech.

You all are wrong. Ted Turner purchased the Braves after they had been
in Atlanta a number of years. Harry if you had supported the Boston
Braves, they would still be there.
JimH

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 05:20:07 GMT, "MGG"
wrote:

I've been a Red Sox fan for longer than I can remember. The fair weather,
post 2004 fans are weenies...

Of course, it's nothing like being a...what are they again? The
Cleveland Perennial Losers?

Oh yeah, well just wait till next year.

JIMinFL

comREMOVETHIS wrote:

Is there such a thing as a Red Sox fan pre 2004?

I've been a Red Sox fan since that ******* liberal weenie Ted Turner
took my Milwaukee Braves and turned them into the Atlanta Braves.

*******. :)

You mean the Boston Braves. Milwaukee? Blech.

The only people that come to mind when Milwaukee is mentioned are Laverne
and Shirley.

RCE

You forgot "The beer that made Milwaukee famous". Also, Don't they assemble
some kind of motorcycle there too?

-rick-

RCE wrote:

The only people that come to mind when Milwaukee is mentioned are Laverne
and Shirley.

.... and Jeffrey Dahmer.
John Gaquin

I've been a Red Sox fan since that ******* liberal weenie Ted Turner
took my Milwaukee Braves and turned them into the Atlanta Braves.

"your" Milwaukee Braves??? The turf of Braves Field is still alive and
well here in Boston (under the name Nickerson Field, now owned by B.U.) as a
college soccer field. The grandstands have given way to dormitory towers.

RCE

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 07:08:54 -0400, "RCE" wrote:

m...
comREMOVETHIS wrote:

Is there such a thing as a Red Sox fan pre 2004?

I've been a Red Sox fan since that ******* liberal weenie Ted Turner
took my Milwaukee Braves and turned them into the Atlanta Braves.

*******. :)

You mean the Boston Braves. Milwaukee? Blech.

Interesting fact about the Boston Braves - they signed Henry Aaron
after his stellar year in the Northeastern League I believe it was.

Now that was a signing.

The only people that come to mind when Milwaukee is mentioned are Laverne
and Shirley.

Hello?

Eddie Mathews? Lew Burdette? Warren Spahn? Henry Aaron? Red
Schoendienst? Joe Torre? Juan Pizzaro?

Laverne and Shirley indeed...

You guys are acting more like Lenny and Squiggy.

My heroes.

RCE

John Gaquin

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

Is there such a thing as a Red Sox fan pre 2004?

Are you kidding?? Only a person who knows nothing of the Red Sox would even
*think* such a thing, much less put it into print. There have been Red Sox
fans who lived out their entire lives waiting and hoping for the dream to
come to fruition. On Oct 28 of '04, there were thousands of gravestones in
cemeteries all over New England bearing Red Sox caps, with notes attached
from loved ones saying "We did it, Dad......."