Doug Kanter

Default That "who controls the ports thing"...

Everybody relax. I figured out how it happened.

"In mid-January, President Bush nominated a senior executive of Dubai Ports
World, David Sanborn, to run the Department of Transportation's Maritime
Administration. Mr. Sanborn had been running the company's operations in
Europe and Latin America."

Any questions?

JimH

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Everybody relax. I figured out how it happened.

"In mid-January, President Bush nominated a senior executive of Dubai
Ports World, David Sanborn, to run the Department of Transportation's
Maritime Administration. Mr. Sanborn had been running the company's
operations in Europe and Latin America."

Any questions?

Yes.

When will you understand the difference between *operating* a port and
*providing security* at a port? If you think that *operating* it will
result in a terrorist threat then *all* UAE operations touching US soil
should be banned.

That is not to say that I agree with this purchase as not all the facts have
been released.

wrote:

Forgive me if this is a bad analogy, but if Bush is pushing to sell
ports to the UME, then is this any comparison to Carter giving away
the lease on the Panama Canal, and about 10 mil for the transfer?

UME? UAE! Another case of bad typing....

Calif Bill

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
JimH wrote:
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Everybody relax. I figured out how it happened.

"In mid-January, President Bush nominated a senior executive of Dubai
Ports World, David Sanborn, to run the Department of Transportation's
Maritime Administration. Mr. Sanborn had been running the company's
operations in Europe and Latin America."

Any questions?

Yes.

When will you understand the difference between *operating* a port and
*providing security* at a port? If you think that *operating* it will
result in a terrorist threat then *all* UAE operations touching US soil
should be banned.

That is not to say that I agree with this purchase as not all the facts
have been released.

Are you referring to the business connections between the UAE and the Bush
family and several Bush appointees?

No he referring to 7/11 chain.

Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...

That is not to say that I agree with this purchase as not all the facts
have
been released.

Yeah, I don't know enough about it to draw any conclusions

Forgive me if this is a bad analogy, but if Bush is pushing to sell
ports to the UME, then is this any comparison to Carter giving away
the lease on the Panama Canal, and about 10 mil for the transfer?

Sort of different. This is our soil. Panama is not. And, if you agree with
JimH on the idea that there's an impenetrable wall between operations and
security of the ports, you'll want to be sure to live another 20 years, so
you can read (in history books) about the people at the CIA & NSA who are
now trying to tell the president that this UAE thing is a dangerous idea.
You won't hear about it now, but it most certainly *will* be historical
fact.

Skipper

Doug Kanter wrote:

Sort of different. This is our soil. Panama is not.

Panama is Panama *because* of the US. And the Canal Zone was under US
control "in perpetuity" until Jimmy Carter gave it away to a corrupt
dictator. Them's the phacts.

--
Skipper
thunder

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 05:59:13 -0600, Skipper wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:

Sort of different. This is our soil. Panama is not.

Panama is Panama *because* of the US. And the Canal Zone was under US
control "in perpetuity" until Jimmy Carter gave it away to a corrupt
dictator. Them's the phacts.

Enlighten us. What Panamanian gave us the Canal "in perpetuity"? Or what
Colombian for that matter? Yup, we stole the Canal Zone fair and square.
Doug Kanter

Doug Kanter wrote:

Sort of different. This is our soil. Panama is not.

Panama is Panama *because* of the US. And the Canal Zone was under US
control "in perpetuity" until Jimmy Carter gave it away to a corrupt
dictator. Them's the phacts.

Enlighten us. What Panamanian gave us the Canal "in perpetuity"? Or what
Colombian for that matter? Yup, we stole the Canal Zone fair and square.

Are you suggesting that Scupper should attempt to locate and visit the
public limebrerry?

Skipper

thunder wrote:

Panama is Panama *because* of the US. And the Canal Zone was under US
control "in perpetuity" until Jimmy Carter gave it away to a corrupt
dictator. Them's the phacts.

Enlighten us. What Panamanian gave us the Canal "in perpetuity"? Or what
Colombian for that matter? Yup, we stole the Canal Zone fair and square.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0107870.html

And if you wich to review the source material:

http://tinyurl.com/fe6k

--
Skipper
Skipper

thunder wrote:

Panama is Panama *because* of the US. And the Canal Zone was under US
control "in perpetuity" until Jimmy Carter gave it away to a corrupt
dictator. Them's the phacts.

Enlighten us. What Panamanian gave us the Canal "in perpetuity"? Or
what Colombian for that matter? Yup, we stole the Canal Zone fair and
square.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0107870.html

And if you wich to review the source material:

http://tinyurl.com/fe6k

LOL, Google is your friend, use it.

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/1903panama.html

--