Doug Kanter

Default That "who controls the ports thing"...

Everybody relax. I figured out how it happened.

"In mid-January, President Bush nominated a senior executive of Dubai Ports
World, David Sanborn, to run the Department of Transportation's Maritime
Administration. Mr. Sanborn had been running the company's operations in
Europe and Latin America."

Any questions?

JimH

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Everybody relax. I figured out how it happened.

"In mid-January, President Bush nominated a senior executive of Dubai
Ports World, David Sanborn, to run the Department of Transportation's
Maritime Administration. Mr. Sanborn had been running the company's
operations in Europe and Latin America."

Any questions?

Yes.

When will you understand the difference between *operating* a port and
*providing security* at a port? If you think that *operating* it will
result in a terrorist threat then *all* UAE operations touching US soil
should be banned.

That is not to say that I agree with this purchase as not all the facts have
been released.