Skipper

Default Hunting Accidents

Harry Krause wrote:

Skipper wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Good. And we can assume everyone now understands you lied about shooting
sporting clays.

Sorry, "Wile," but all that happened here is that I once again declined
to play.

Ah yes, the plausible deniability ruse again, eh, Krause?

Rationalization is your forte.

Obfuscation is yours.

--
Skipper

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:59:42 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Skipper wrote:
Gene Kearns wrote:

I maintain a membership and shoot sporting clays regularly. You and
Krause do not. Here's a test. You are at a shooting station with two (2)
sets of doubles. One trap throws the bird directly at your forehead, the
other is a distant tower throwing the bird away. If you shoot the tower
bird first the other bird will be no more than 30' away when you finally
pull the trigger on it. Which bird do you shoot first?

I'll shoot the one going away. Even if a bird *did* fly at my forehead, I'd
let it go

Then there's no reason to ask the follow up question as to which barrel
you'd select for each shot as you failed at the double.

The barrel selection question will be reserved for someone who actually
shoots sporting clays. Unlike you, they will know the correct answer and
the reason it is pertinent.

Ask your fellow loser Wile Coyote if you can borrow his Acme catalog,
Snippy.

Hey, don't knock the Acme Products catalog - there's a ton of neat
stuff in there.

Everything from rocket powered roller skates to really funky looking
spring loaded tennis shoes.

Not to mention the classic, all purpose black flying black anvil.

There was even an anvil with a parachute!

JimH

Default Poor Dick Cheney - the saga continues (guffaw)

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Reggie Smithers wrote:
wrote:
JimH wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Oh shoot! Veep had no license for quail hunt
BY KENNETH R. BAZINET
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU
Monday, February 13th, 2006

WASHINGTON - Vice President Cheney had no license to kill - quail,
that
is.
BFD. Yawn
Jim, do you think that it's okay for people to poach? Or is it just
that you think it's okay for Cheney to poach? Laws are laws. If I were
hunting in Texas without a license and shot someone in the face, I'll
bet I'd get a fine for doing so.

Actually the law is only 5 months old, so they are issuing warning
tickets to everyone.

--
Reggie
Actually, the amended law is only 5 months old. And where does it say

Not taking sides here, but it's not so unusual for the authorities to
issue warning tickets for a while when the law changes. Here (NY),
fishing licenses used to expire on September 14th (determined with dice
and a ouja board). Then, it was changed to the 30th, and even though the
date was later than before, it seems the DEC quietly allowed about a 2
week grace period during which they didn't administer the usual beatings
and confiscation of boat, house and all living relatives. They just
issued written warnings.

The least important aspect of this case is that Cheney did not possess the
proper stamp.

And what was the most important aspect of this hunting accident Harry?

JimH

JimH wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Reggie Smithers wrote:
wrote:
JimH wrote:
[...]

Cheney's carelessness with firearms, of course.

Yep. But he was never elected based on his abilities to handle a firearm.

It was an accident. Get over it.