JimH

Default Poor Dick Cheney - the saga continues (guffaw)

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Reggie Smithers wrote:
wrote:
JimH wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Oh shoot! Veep had no license for quail hunt
BY KENNETH R. BAZINET
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU
Monday, February 13th, 2006

WASHINGTON - Vice President Cheney had no license to kill - quail,
that
is.
BFD. Yawn
Jim, do you think that it's okay for people to poach? Or is it just
that you think it's okay for Cheney to poach? Laws are laws. If I were
hunting in Texas without a license and shot someone in the face, I'll
bet I'd get a fine for doing so.

Actually the law is only 5 months old, so they are issuing warning
tickets to everyone.

--
Reggie
Actually, the amended law is only 5 months old. And where does it say

Not taking sides here, but it's not so unusual for the authorities to
issue warning tickets for a while when the law changes. Here (NY),
fishing licenses used to expire on September 14th (determined with dice
and a ouja board). Then, it was changed to the 30th, and even though the
date was later than before, it seems the DEC quietly allowed about a 2
week grace period during which they didn't administer the usual beatings
and confiscation of boat, house and all living relatives. They just
issued written warnings.

The least important aspect of this case is that Cheney did not possess the
proper stamp.

And what was the most important aspect of this hunting accident Harry?