Skipper

Default Hunting Accidents

Skipper wrote:

I doubt you know the dif between a rocket, rabbit, or bird.

Oh look fellas, Krause is digging through the internet trying to find an
answer...what a mensch!

--
Skipper
Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

Skipper wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

When I shoot sporting clays, it is at a regulated range. There's only
one shooter up at a time, and all the shots are FORWARD.

SC stations at many ranges are often no than 30 yards apart with swings
approaching 180 degrees. You DO NOT shoot sporting clays.

Sorry, there are no 180-degree side to side swings at the range I visit.

Here is one of the ranges I shoot:

http://www.murphyshotguns.com/index.html

Check out the 360 degree tour of their gun room, one of the best in the
country. Many of those guns hanging in that safe have values in excess
of $50,000.

BTW, folks travel from all over the world for gun instruction by Michael
Murphy.

When we are at the informal range, everyone except the shooter(s) stays
well back. We're all experienced shotgunners.

BS. The bird triggers are usually AT the shooting station.

Gee, you've been in my shotgun closet and you've apparently been out on
my friend's "farmette" out on the Shenandoah so you could inspect our
"informal" range. And I thought the conditions of your bond wouldn't
allow interstate travel.

Again, what gun do you use for SC?

--
Skipper
Don White

Skipper wrote:
Skipper wrote:

I doubt you know the dif between a rocket, rabbit, or bird.

Oh look fellas, Krause is digging through the internet trying to find an
answer...what a mensch!

--
Skipper

What do you use for target practice...prairie dogs?
Skipper

Gene Kearns wrote:

Harry Krause penned the following well considered thoughts to the readers
of rec.boats:

Oh...and since I haven't published a list of the shotguns I own, you
wouldn't have a clue as to what shotguns I use for sporting clays.

Sorry Harry, you're wrong. Remember telling him about the slug gun?

Harry's out furiously trying to find the difference between rabbits,
rockets, and birds.

--
Skipper

Don White

Harry Krause wrote:

Gee, you've been in my shotgun closet and you've apparently been out on
my friend's "farmette" out on the Shenandoah so you could inspect our
"informal" range. And I thought the conditions of your bond wouldn't
allow interstate travel.

Skipper 'travels' far & wide while snoozing in his comfy arm chair.
JohnH

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:28:36 -0500, Reggie Smithers
wrote:

Yesterday it seemed some people thought the accident was the result of
the victim not following hunting protocol. The newspapers and hunting
experts seem to believe it was the shooter who was responsible, even
though the victim had not followed protocol when rejoining the hunting line.

This really should not be a political discussion, but a safety
discussion that all hunters can learn from. Heck, I know I would prefer
to learn from someone else's mistake, instead of repeating the same one.

Sometime I'll tell you the 'safe' way to put a lot of quail on the dinner
table! It's probably illegal, but it's safe.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Doug Kanter

wrote:

Yesterday it seemed some people thought the accident was the result of
the victim not following hunting protocol. The newspapers and hunting
experts seem to believe it was the shooter who was responsible, even
though the victim had not followed protocol when rejoining the hunting
line.

This really should not be a political discussion, but a safety
discussion that all hunters can learn from. Heck, I know I would prefer
to learn from someone else's mistake, instead of repeating the same one.

Sometime I'll tell you the 'safe' way to put a lot of quail on the dinner
table! It's probably illegal, but it's safe.
--
'Til next time,

John H

Please take this to rec.food.cooking, John.

JohnH

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:29:27 -0500, Reggie Smithers
wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

Cheney is an experienced hunter. He should know better.

I would guess the majority of hunting accidents are the result of
experienced hunters making a stupid mistake. A new hunter is so
concerned with following the rules, and not making a mistake, that he is
focusing more on the other hunters than the birds. An experienced
hunter is more inclined to "assume" everyone is following protocol
concerning the hunting line.

You made a comment about when you are shooting clay that only two people
are on the line, everyone else stands behind the hunters. If I went on
a hunt, I would require one person to be standing behind the line, to
let everyone know if someone is rejoining the line or is not following
protocol.

Reggie, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who wanted to go hunting, but
just wanted to be the 'range safety officer'. That would get boring pretty
quickly!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JimH

wrote:

Yesterday it seemed some people thought the accident was the result of
the victim not following hunting protocol. The newspapers and hunting
experts seem to believe it was the shooter who was responsible, even
though the victim had not followed protocol when rejoining the hunting
line.

This really should not be a political discussion, but a safety
discussion that all hunters can learn from. Heck, I know I would prefer
to learn from someone else's mistake, instead of repeating the same one.

Sometime I'll tell you the 'safe' way to put a lot of quail on the dinner
table! It's probably illegal, but it's safe.
--
'Til next time,

John H

Please take this to rec.food.cooking, John.

Indeed. As we all know discussions about food and cooking only end up in
arguments and are best suited to be posted at the NG site you posted Doug,
certainly not in a boating NG. ;-)