Billgran

Default Jaws author died

Peter Benchley, whose book "Jaws" scared a whole generation from swimming
after dark, died today.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...archived=False

Best line in the movie "We need a bigger boat!"

Tom

"Billgran" wrote in message
. ..
Peter Benchley, whose book "Jaws" scared a whole generation from swimming
after dark, died today.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...archived=False

Best line in the movie "We need a bigger boat!"

I got as far as the first girl the shark gets at the beginning of the movie.
When she started bobbing up and down like the bobber on my fishing line, I
left the room and have never seen any more. I live on a river that has
visibility of about 4" under water. I wasn't going to watch that movie or I
wouldn't have ever gotten in the water, again, even though I know! Illinois
has no sharks. Can't stand snakes in movies either.

Tom G.

JohnH

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 07:35:33 GMT, "Tom" wrote:

"Billgran" wrote in message
Peter Benchley, whose book "Jaws" scared a whole generation from swimming
after dark, died today.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...archived=False

Best line in the movie "We need a bigger boat!"

I got as far as the first girl the shark gets at the beginning of the movie.
When she started bobbing up and down like the bobber on my fishing line, I
left the room and have never seen any more. I live on a river that has
visibility of about 4" under water. I wasn't going to watch that movie or I
wouldn't have ever gotten in the water, again, even though I know! Illinois
has no sharks. Can't stand snakes in movies either.

Tom G.

I'd like to go to a municipal swimming pool on a hot summer day and play
the 'Jaws' theme over the loudspeakers, just to see what would happen.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Bill Kearney

I'd like to go to a municipal swimming pool on a hot summer day and play
the 'Jaws' theme over the loudspeakers, just to see what would happen.

About as funny as when we took a pair of boomboxes on opposites sides of a
river and played Dueling Banjos when a canoe came along. Damn near had a
coronary laughing when the guys in the canoe started paddling LIKE CRAZY to
get outta there.

As for Benchley, now he sleeps wid' da fishes.

thunder

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 07:35:33 +0000, Tom wrote:

I got as far as the first girl the shark gets at the beginning of the
movie. When she started bobbing up and down like the bobber on my fishing
line, I left the room and have never seen any more. I live on a river that
has visibility of about 4" under water. I wasn't going to watch that
movie or I wouldn't have ever gotten in the water, again, even though I
know! Illinois has no sharks. Can't stand snakes in movies either.

Then you don't want to look at this:

http://www.cherryflava.com/photos/un...ed/shark01.jpg

Doug Kanter

"Tom" wrote in message

"Billgran" wrote in message
. ..
Peter Benchley, whose book "Jaws" scared a whole generation from swimming
after dark, died today.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...archived=False

Best line in the movie "We need a bigger boat!"

I got as far as the first girl the shark gets at the beginning of the
movie. When she started bobbing up and down like the bobber on my fishing
line, I left the room and have never seen any more. I live on a river that
has visibility of about 4" under water. I wasn't going to watch that
movie or I wouldn't have ever gotten in the water, again, even though I
know! Illinois has no sharks. Can't stand snakes in movies either.

Tom G.

Last summer, the NY DEC captured a 4 foot long gator in the Cohocton River,
about an hour south of Rochester. They said it was big enough to be
"troublesome". Troublesome. Right. I was wading in that river with a fishing
pole a week before the story hit the news. They said the owner didn't
realize his two crocs would get so big, so he let them go. They didn't find
#2, but said it would not survive the winter. Probably.

Don White

Tom wrote:
"Billgran" wrote in message
. ..

Peter Benchley, whose book "Jaws" scared a whole generation from swimming
after dark, died today.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...archived=False

Best line in the movie "We need a bigger boat!"

I got as far as the first girl the shark gets at the beginning of the movie.
When she started bobbing up and down like the bobber on my fishing line, I
left the room and have never seen any more. I live on a river that has
visibility of about 4" under water. I wasn't going to watch that movie or I
wouldn't have ever gotten in the water, again, even though I know! Illinois
has no sharks. Can't stand snakes in movies either.

Tom G.

The first year it was released (late 70s?) a lot of people were afraid
of the water. Watch the movie...you'll get over it in a year or so.
That was a real classic...beautiful photography.. felt like you were there.
I remember visiting Universal Studios, California in 1983 and the big
hi-light was the 'JAWS' exhibit where the shark comes up alongside your
little tram car.
JohnH

holy ****!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Billgran

"Gotta get a bigger boat".

Best. Movie. Line. Ever.

You mean it is a better line than, "What we got heah is .......fail-yah
................... to communicate!" ?

RCE

"Don White" wrote in message

I remember visiting Universal Studios, California in 1983 and the big
hi-light was the 'JAWS' exhibit where the shark comes up alongside your
little tram car.

But the best is "Spiderman" at Universal in Florida. Awesome.

RCE