Don White

Default Jaws author died

Tom wrote:
"Billgran" wrote in message
. ..

Peter Benchley, whose book "Jaws" scared a whole generation from swimming
after dark, died today.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...archived=False

Best line in the movie "We need a bigger boat!"

I got as far as the first girl the shark gets at the beginning of the movie.
When she started bobbing up and down like the bobber on my fishing line, I
left the room and have never seen any more. I live on a river that has
visibility of about 4" under water. I wasn't going to watch that movie or I
wouldn't have ever gotten in the water, again, even though I know! Illinois
has no sharks. Can't stand snakes in movies either.

Tom G.

The first year it was released (late 70s?) a lot of people were afraid
of the water. Watch the movie...you'll get over it in a year or so.
That was a real classic...beautiful photography.. felt like you were there.
I remember visiting Universal Studios, California in 1983 and the big
hi-light was the 'JAWS' exhibit where the shark comes up alongside your
little tram car.