RCE

Default Jaws author died

"Billgran" wrote in message
. ..

"Gotta get a bigger boat".

Best. Movie. Line. Ever.

You mean it is a better line than, "What we got heah is .......fail-yah
.................. to communicate!" ?

Or, "You can't handle the truth!"

RCE

Calif Bill

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:45:28 -0500, thunder
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 07:35:33 +0000, Tom wrote:

I got as far as the first girl the shark gets at the beginning of the
movie. When she started bobbing up and down like the bobber on my
fishing
line, I left the room and have never seen any more. I live on a river
that
has visibility of about 4" under water. I wasn't going to watch that
movie or I wouldn't have ever gotten in the water, again, even though I
know! Illinois has no sharks. Can't stand snakes in movies either.

Then you don't want to look at this:

http://www.cherryflava.com/photos/un...ed/shark01.jpg

holy ****!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

Actually it is a dolphin. They like to surf also. One of the great beach
shots is of 7 dolphins riding the same wave at Santa Barbara.

Calif Bill

wrote:

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 07:35:33 +0000, Tom wrote:

I got as far as the first girl the shark gets at the beginning of the
movie. When she started bobbing up and down like the bobber on my
fishing
line, I left the room and have never seen any more. I live on a river
that
has visibility of about 4" under water. I wasn't going to watch that
movie or I wouldn't have ever gotten in the water, again, even though I
know! Illinois has no sharks. Can't stand snakes in movies either.

Then you don't want to look at this:

http://www.cherryflava.com/photos/un...ed/shark01.jpg

holy ****!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

Check out this link
http://www.surfing-waves.com/waves/dolphin_surf.htm

Calif Bill

"Don White" wrote in message
Tom wrote:
"Billgran" wrote in message
. ..

Peter Benchley, whose book "Jaws" scared a whole generation from swimming
after dark, died today.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...archived=False

Best line in the movie "We need a bigger boat!"

I got as far as the first girl the shark gets at the beginning of the
movie. When she started bobbing up and down like the bobber on my fishing
line, I left the room and have never seen any more. I live on a river
that has visibility of about 4" under water. I wasn't going to watch
that movie or I wouldn't have ever gotten in the water, again, even
though I know! Illinois has no sharks. Can't stand snakes in movies
either.

Tom G.

The first year it was released (late 70s?) a lot of people were afraid of
the water. Watch the movie...you'll get over it in a year or so.
That was a real classic...beautiful photography.. felt like you were
there.
I remember visiting Universal Studios, California in 1983 and the big
hi-light was the 'JAWS' exhibit where the shark comes up alongside your
little tram car.

My youngest daughter was about 9 when we went there. She was under the seat
a couple of milliseconds after the shark surfaced.

Calif Bill

"RCE" wrote in message

"Billgran" wrote in message
. ..

"Gotta get a bigger boat".

Best. Movie. Line. Ever.

You mean it is a better line than, "What we got heah is .......fail-yah
.................. to communicate!" ?

Or, "You can't handle the truth!"

RCE

Or, "I am gonna find a women who can suck the crome off a trailer hitch".
Only great thing to come out of that movie.

Billgran

Or, "I am gonna find a women who can suck the crome off a trailer hitch".
Only great thing to come out of that movie.

You win!!! I forgot about that line, Electric Horseman, right? I think
that was Willie Nelson's line when talking about finding a willing Keno
girl.

JimH

"RCE" wrote in message

"Billgran" wrote in message
. ..

"Gotta get a bigger boat".

Best. Movie. Line. Ever.

You mean it is a better line than, "What we got heah is .......fail-yah
.................. to communicate!" ?

Or, "You can't handle the truth!"

RCE

Top 100 movie lines: http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/quotes.aspx

Top 10 from that site:

1 Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. GONE WITH THE WIND

2 I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse. THE GODFATHER

3 You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I
could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am. ON THE
WATERFRONT

4 Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. THE WIZARD OF OZ

5 Here's looking at you, kid. CASABLANCA

6 Go ahead, make my day. SUDDEN IMPACT

7 All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up. SUNSET BLVD.

8 May the Force be with you. STAR WARS

9 Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night. ALL ABOUT EVE

10 You talking to me? TAXI DRIVER

Dan Krueger

Billgran wrote:

Peter Benchley, whose book "Jaws" scared a whole generation from swimming
after dark, died today.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...archived=False

Best line in the movie "We need a bigger boat!"

Often misquoted:

Brody: "You're gonna need a bigger boat..."

Dan

Source http://www.imdb.com

Garth Almgren

Around 2/12/2006 11:35 PM, Tom wrote:

"Billgran" wrote in message
. ..
Peter Benchley, whose book "Jaws" scared a whole generation from swimming
after dark, died today.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...archived=False

Best line in the movie "We need a bigger boat!"

I got as far as the first girl the shark gets at the beginning of the movie.
When she started bobbing up and down like the bobber on my fishing line, I
left the room and have never seen any more. I live on a river that has
visibility of about 4" under water. I wasn't going to watch that movie or I
wouldn't have ever gotten in the water, again, even though I know! Illinois
has no sharks. Can't stand snakes in movies either.

[Doorbell rings]

Pizza delivery.

Plumber.

Candygram.

I'm only a dolphin, sir.

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
akheel

"Billgran" wrote in
:

"Gotta get a bigger boat".

Best. Movie. Line. Ever.

You mean it is a better line than, "What we got heah is
.......fail-yah .................. to communicate!" ?

Common, everyone knows it's "I love the smell of napalm in the
morning..." Not only that, it's boating related!!