Doug Kanter

Default Jaws author died

"Tom" wrote in message
news:9FWHf.16825$0H1.16334@trnddc04...

"Billgran" wrote in message
. ..
Peter Benchley, whose book "Jaws" scared a whole generation from swimming
after dark, died today.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...archived=False

Best line in the movie "We need a bigger boat!"

I got as far as the first girl the shark gets at the beginning of the
movie. When she started bobbing up and down like the bobber on my fishing
line, I left the room and have never seen any more. I live on a river that
has visibility of about 4" under water. I wasn't going to watch that
movie or I wouldn't have ever gotten in the water, again, even though I
know! Illinois has no sharks. Can't stand snakes in movies either.

Tom G.

Last summer, the NY DEC captured a 4 foot long gator in the Cohocton River,
about an hour south of Rochester. They said it was big enough to be
"troublesome". Troublesome. Right. I was wading in that river with a fishing
pole a week before the story hit the news. They said the owner didn't
realize his two crocs would get so big, so he let them go. They didn't find
#2, but said it would not survive the winter. Probably.