Skipper

Default So where is......................

Harry Krause wrote:

Skipper wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

couple different wines and a couple of items I'm
sure I have forgotten.

What, no gefilte fish canapes ala carp?

I suppose there's always hope you'll choke on a wishbone tomorrow,
Adolf

Thought it might go well with the Manischewitz wine.

--
Skipper
Don White

Harry Krause wrote:
Skipper wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

So what's on the menu besides the bird?

Crab dip, cheeses, some kind of mashed potatoes ala Martha Stewart my
wife is making (a prison recipe?), sweet potatoes, fresh string beans,
cornbread stuffing, herb stuffing, homemade rolls, three homemade pies I
just finished baking, couple different wines and a couple of items I'm
sure I have forgotten.

What, no gefilte fish canapes ala carp?

--
Skipper

I suppose there's always hope you'll choke on a wishbone tomorrow,
Adolf, just before you and your klan buddies were scheduled to head out
to bomb an abortion clinic, a black church, or a house where a Jewish
family lives, reich?

Why would you think I ate gefilte fish, Adolf? That's a traditional
Jewish dish. Do you think I am Jewish? And if I were, why would that
matter to you? What if I were Catholic or Buddhist?

Our Skippy sure is putting in a lot of effort researching Jewish food.
Maybe one of his kids are converting.
DownTime

*JimH* wrote:
...........everyone going tomorrow for Thanksgiving?

We are headed out to my sisters.

A little marina resort on Captiva island. The boat is gassed, coolers
packed, fishing gear and kayaks ready to go. Deep fried turkey, sweet
potato (or is it potatoe?) pie, green beans, stuffing, mached potatos,
pumkin pie and a few bottle of wine. And let's not forget the new
tradition of a Friday nite shrimp boil at the marina.

*JimH*

*JimH* wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
*JimH* wrote:
...........everyone going tomorrow for Thanksgiving dinner?

We are headed out to my sisters.
I'm cooking here for a "cast of thousands," or so it seems. Relatives
from Flor-ida, friends from Kenya, Virginia, and South Carolina. Give
me your tired, your weak, your hungry. They won't be hungry when they
leave here. If they ever leave.
So what's on the menu besides the bird?
Crab dip, cheeses, some kind of mashed potatoes ala Martha Stewart my
wife is making (a prison recipe?), sweet potatoes, fresh string beans,
cornbread stuffing, herb stuffing, homemade rolls, three homemade pies I
just finished baking, couple different wines and a couple of items I'm
sure I have forgotten.

Scrumptious. Sounds like a real feast to be enjoyed by a gaggle of
family and friends. ;-)

I like to cook, but I hate to clean up afterwards. Therefore, I shall
retire to the drawing room after dinner and let everyone else pick up
after me in the kitchen!

I generally feel the same way when cooking a large feast, especially when
relaxing at the end of the dinner over a glass of wine or Amaretto on the
rocks. Fortunately our family and friends do their part in the clean up.
;-)

Wayne.B

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 00:38:55 GMT, DownTime
wrote:

A little marina resort on Captiva island.

===================================

Tween Waters?

Bryan

"Skipper" wrote in message
Harry Krause wrote:

Skipper wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

couple different wines and a couple of items I'm
sure I have forgotten.

What, no gefilte fish canapes ala carp?

I suppose there's always hope you'll choke on a wishbone tomorrow,
Adolf

Thought it might go well with the Manischewitz wine.

--
Skipper

Skipper,
Get stuffed! Take your anti-semitism and choke on it! The world does not
need people like you.

Bryan

. ..

*JimH* wrote:
...........everyone going tomorrow for Thanksgiving dinner?

We are headed out to my sisters.

I'm cooking here for a "cast of thousands," or so it seems. Relatives
from Flor-ida, friends from Kenya, Virginia, and South Carolina. Give me
your tired, your weak, your hungry. They won't be hungry when they leave
here. If they ever leave.

So what's on the menu besides the bird?

Thursday is to be a day spent with dear friends (it's their year to host).
I always have mixed feelings about alternating Thanksgiving between their
home and ours; I really enjoy hosting TG dinner. They do put on a good
traditional meal, and my friend barbecues the turkey; it's always great.

Then Friday, it's off to Angel Island in our little runabout for a picnic of
leftovers and a hike and some frisbee. That is, if it doesn't rain!

Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday. Turkey smothered in gravy with mashed
potatoes and gravy and stuffing and gravy and warm dinner rolls slathered in
butter (and gravy) and green beans dripping melted butter and pumpkin pie
with whipped cream and wine and friends and loosened waist bands and ...

Bryan

"DownTime" wrote in message
*JimH* wrote:
...........everyone going tomorrow for Thanksgiving?

We are headed out to my sisters.

A little marina resort on Captiva island. The boat is gassed, coolers
packed, fishing gear and kayaks ready to go. Deep fried turkey, sweet
potato (or is it potatoe?) pie, green beans, stuffing, mached potatos,
pumkin pie and a few bottle of wine. And let's not forget the new
tradition of a Friday nite shrimp boil at the marina.

For the last time, Dan, it's potato or potatoes! Sheesh!

Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

I'm cooking here for a "cast of thousands," or so it seems. Relatives
from Flor-ida, friends from Kenya, Virginia, and South Carolina. Give me
your tired, your weak, your hungry. They won't be hungry when they leave
here. If they ever leave.

There is something about our NG's most virulent anti-American getting
together with his commie friends to celebrate Thanksgiving that just
doesn't set right. It is particularly irritating that this fifth column
traitor can party while the American fighting men he despises so much
are dying for his freedoms.

--
Skipper
thunder

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 02:10:18 +0000, Bryan wrote:

Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday.

Mine too. It's a nice, family oriented holiday, without the stress of
Christmas.