NOYB

Default Economy Rebounds - Productivity Soars, Jobless Claims Drop

Since Walmart is trading at it's 52 week high, I'd say that Rochester's
"huge backlash" isn't working out so well, is it?

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
news
"Mark Browne" wrote in message

You used to be able to go to the hardware store and ask the man about a

barn
hinge and the owner could tell you what he had, and discuss alternative

in
knowledgeable way. Of course, that corner hardware store has been driven

out
of business by Wal-Mart.

Actually, small hardware stores are thriving around here (Rochester NY).
There's been a huge backlash against Wal Mart, the BORG and a couple of
others.

Doug Kanter

It's all relative, professor. If customers are waiting 1/2 hour for paint
advice in a neighborhood hardware store, LIKING it, and telling their
friends about the place, that's pretty huge for the hardware store, don't
you think? Especially if the store's just one of three in the city whose
staff who really knows how to make miniscule pigment adjustments to match
odd colors. Meanwhile, at Wal Mart: "Pigment? Mah uncle Jasper useta have
pigment, but he got skin cancer & then he epped & dahd."

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...
Since Walmart is trading at it's 52 week high, I'd say that Rochester's
"huge backlash" isn't working out so well, is it?

Jim

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

Since Walmart is trading at it's 52 week high, I'd say that Rochester's
"huge backlash" isn't working out so well, is it?

Wal-Mart sucks, from about every point imaginable.

me.

Is there *anything* in life that meets with your approval that is not associated with
labor unions or the Democratic party?

I would hate to have to walk a mile in *your* shoes.

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

Since Walmart is trading at it's 52 week high, I'd say that Rochester's
"huge backlash" isn't working out so well, is it?

Wal-Mart sucks, from about every point imaginable.

me.

Is there *anything* in life that meets with your approval that is not associated with
labor unions or the Democratic party?

I would hate to have to walk a mile in *your* shoes.

Wal-Mart is not only an exploitative employer, perhaps one of the worst,
it also is a destroyer of small businesses. It also destroys the
assortment of goods available by stressing and selling merchandise of
mediocre quality.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

NOYB

NOYB wrote:

Since Walmart is trading at it's 52 week high, I'd say that

Rochester's
"huge backlash" isn't working out so well, is it?

Wal-Mart sucks, from about every point imaginable.

me.

Is there *anything* in life that meets with your approval that is not

associated with
labor unions or the Democratic party?

I would hate to have to walk a mile in *your* shoes.

Me too. If they were "union made", they're probably too expensive and of
very poor quality.

NOYB

NOYB wrote:

Since Walmart is trading at it's 52 week high, I'd say that

Rochester's
"huge backlash" isn't working out so well, is it?

Wal-Mart sucks, from about every point imaginable.

me.

Is there *anything* in life that meets with your approval that is not

associated with
labor unions or the Democratic party?

I would hate to have to walk a mile in *your* shoes.

Wal-Mart is not only an exploitative employer, perhaps one of the worst,
it also is a destroyer of small businesses. It also destroys the
assortment of goods available by stressing and selling merchandise of
mediocre quality.

I do a lot of my shopping for fishing supplies at Wal-Mart. They sell many
of the top names in reels, rods, hooks, lures, tackle boxes, and line. Why
should I pay $4.99 for Sabiki's at my local tackle shop, when Wally World
has 'em for a buck?

Also, Sam's Choice Water is cheaper than most others, tastes better, and
freezes without splitting the bottles.

Finally, long after Boater's World and West Marine have closed, I can pick
up bait, outboard oil, spark plugs, life jackets, or anything else I might
need for the next day's boating trip.

Jim

NOYB wrote:

Since Walmart is trading at it's 52 week high, I'd say that Rochester's
"huge backlash" isn't working out so well, is it?

Wal-Mart sucks, from about every point imaginable.

me.

Is there *anything* in life that meets with your approval that is not associated

with
labor unions or the Democratic party?

I would hate to have to walk a mile in *your* shoes.

Wal-Mart is not only an exploitative employer, perhaps one of the worst,
it also is a destroyer of small businesses.

That trend happened well before Wal-Mart. And such is life today.

It also destroys the
assortment of goods available by stressing and selling merchandise of
mediocre quality.

Wal-Mart has effectively taken a lions share of the retail market from K-Mart. This
did not happen by accident but by providing customers with clean stores. courteous help
and shelves stocked with reasonably priced merchandise.

People shop at Wal-Mart because of perceived value and convenience. If they want
better quality merchandise they can always shop elsewhere. I see no guns at the heads
of people shopping there.

Or is your beef with Wal-Mart because they are non-union and have resisted all attempts
to unionize?

Me thinks so.

http://reclaimdemocracy.org/weekly_a..._in_vegas.html

Jim

news

NOYB wrote:

Since Walmart is trading at it's 52 week high, I'd say that Rochester's
"huge backlash" isn't working out so well, is it?

Wal-Mart sucks, from about every point imaginable.

Not from every point. For a sound investment, you can't beat its stock.

There's a reason they're the number one retailer *and* the number one grocer
in the country.

I'm glad you don't like it, however..'cause then I don't have to worry about
ever running into you there.

His dislike of the store is because they are grabbing business previously held by union
grocery stores.

Wal-Mart remains non union despite numerous attempts to unionize it by the United Food
& Commercial Workers (UFCW) thugs.

Jim

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Jim wrote:

news

NOYB wrote:

Since Walmart is trading at it's 52 week high, I'd say that Rochester's
"huge backlash" isn't working out so well, is it?

Wal-Mart sucks, from about every point imaginable.

Not from every point. For a sound investment, you can't beat its stock.

There's a reason they're the number one retailer *and* the number one grocer
in the country.

I'm glad you don't like it, however..'cause then I don't have to worry about
ever running into you there.

His dislike of the store is because they are grabbing business previously held by

union
grocery stores.

1. I've stated my reasons for disliking Wal-Mart. Nothing to do with
your stated reason.

2. None of the Wal-Marts in my area include grocery stores.

But keep trying to "imagine" what I think.

You somehow left this out of my message:

"Wal-Mart remains non union despite numerous attempts to unionize it by the United Food
& Commercial Workers (UFCW) thugs."

Was that just a coincidence Harry?

Harry Krause

Jim wrote:

You somehow left this out of my message:

"Wal-Mart remains..."

Was that just a coincidence Harry?

Just more right-wing krap. Doesn't bear repeating.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.