Gould 0738

Default Economy Rebounds - Productivity Soars, Jobless Claims Drop

Ahh, but if you bothered to read my entire post, it was not only a one week
drop I
reported but a drop in the month of July. Spin it anyway you want to. The
fact is
that unemployment dropped in July.

If it did, that fact is *not supported* by this news account. The news story
simply says that the rate at which additional people became unemployed slowed
down.
Where, oh where, does it say the total number of people working went up?

It does say that employers are using the productivity increases to "pare" the
workforce a bit. To me, that means decrease the workforce.

Good news for employers and investors, true. How does this get our people

back
to work?

Another spin on your part. The fact is that productivity increased for 2
straight
quarters.

The discussion has been centered around unemployment, not productivity. For
years, we made huge gains in productivity by replacing people with computers.
Ten typists fired, two programmers hired, and productivity per employee is way
up. I am not disputing your productivity claim.

Your
standards are far too relaxed.

I have some things I have to get done tonight. I will respond to the rest of
your
dribble tomorrow.

If you're responding to "dribble", your standards are not only relaxed, they
are unconscious.