Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
NOYB

Default Support for Bush's War Tanks...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Poll: Sending troops to Iraq a mistake
By Susan Page, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON — Most Americans now say that sending U.S. troops to Iraq was
a mistake, a USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll finds. For the first time, a
majority also says that the war there has made the nation *less* safe
from terrorism.

The survey taken Monday through Wednesday shows a turnaround in views
toward the war in less than a month. Continued violence in Iraq and
questions about the war's justification apparently are eroding support
even as the U.S. moves to turn over sovereignty to an interim Iraqi
government next week. (Related: Complete poll results)

It is the first time since Vietnam that a majority of Americans has
called a major deployment of U.S. forces a mistake. When the war in Iraq
began last year, the public by three-to-one said sending troops wasn't a
mistake. Just three weeks ago, 58% still held that view.

Now, *54%* say it was a mistake.

That's the beauty in being a Monday-morning quarterback. Hindsight is
always 20/20.

Are people too stupid to see that it's not Iraqis we're fighting? Are they
too stupid to realize that hard-core Islamic fundamentalists are trying to
take over each country one-by-one, obtain nuclear weapons, control the oil
in the Middle East, and then crush us economically and militarily?

The influx of al Qaeda is a response of desperation. They know that
permanent US bases smack-dab in the Middle East would be a direct threat to
their plan of converting the World to Islam...or killing those who resisted.

What anchor should I buy? Ree-Yees General 89 May 22nd 04 09:05 PM
transom support Mike Kasiorek General 7 May 10th 04 10:23 PM
transom support question Cowboy67 General 5 March 30th 04 01:11 AM
Flexible water tanks? Go Fig General 3 August 6th 03 06:45 PM