Go Fig

Default Flexible water tanks?

Hi-

My aluminum 50 gallon FW tank has a leak in it. To get it out, at the
very least, the starboard manifold will have to be removed... maybe the
carb and even the engine. As I just had this engine rebuilt in January,
I'm in no big hurry to yank it out again.

I'm considering just sawzalling the aluminum tank (canibalizing it) and
then putting in a Plastimo flexible 39 gallon tank (if it will fit).

My initial concern is if the corner nylon loops will not tear away from
the tank under ocean conditions. Is this a real concern, they don't look
too strong ?

It appears that the .5" fitting is dead center in the middle of the tank
on the bottom side. Do I need to run copper pipe for this part under
the tank, due to the weight of the water or is a rigid tubbing OK ?

I might only be able to fit a 25 gallon (they are long, as they only go
9" high), if I add 2 flex tanks; can I just run a tee off the pressure
pump ? Would I need to put a gate valve on each separate tank and then
leave only one open at a time or can the pump just draw from both tanks?

Any other comments on these Flex water tanks in general, preferred
brands etc. ?

Thanx very much ?

jay
Tue, Aug 5, 2003

--

Legend insists that as he finished his abject...
Galileo muttered under his breath: "Nevertheless, it does move."
Keith

How about cutting the top off the aluminum tank, and putting the flexible
tank inside there?

--

Keith
__

Tue, Aug 5, 2003

--

Legend insists that as he finished his abject...
Galileo muttered under his breath: "Nevertheless, it does move."

Go Fig

In article ,
"Keith" wrote:

How about cutting the top off the aluminum tank, and putting the flexible
tank inside there?

Interesting idea, but the existing tank in 24" high and the Flex tanks I
have seen are only 9" high. With the current footprint of the tank, I
could only get a 13 gal. flex tank inside the existing one. It would be
secure from movement though.

jay

1banana

I have a buddy who did just that, with a fairly standard tank shape - he
was able to find a bladder that fit about right - a little bigger than
his old tank, but that took the strain off the bladder anyway. He says
it worked very well.