Keith

Default Anode life in water heater

I just replaced the magnesium water heater anode in my Raritan series 1700
water heater this morning. The water heater is about two years old and the
anode was probably 1/4 gone, too early to replace, but hey... it was out. I
would imagine I won't even check the new on for about 4 years or so. Just a
point of reference, YMMV.

--

Keith
__

Peggie Hall

Anode life depends on what's in the water in the tank...some never need
replacing....others may need replacing every few years. The clue that
it's failed is a "rotten egg" smell that's only in the hot water, not in
the cold.

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"