*JimH*

Default Sorry for looking so far ahead, but....................

..............I guess I am not like the grasshopper (
http://tinyurl.com/ds5ss ).

Although I hate to discuss winterizing now I was wondering if anyone used
one of these ( http://tinyurl.com/d69nj ) to flush and winterize their
engine(s).

They retail for over $50. I was thinking of making my own (I already have
the hose and 5 gallon plastic tank). For an extra $5 in parts I am in
business.

I have always drained my engine(s) in the past then filled them with a 50/50
or so mix of antifreeze and water poured through the thermostat housing.

Is this ( http://tinyurl.com/d69nj ) setup easier or any more reliable? If
so, how does it work?

Starbuck's

I have always drained and then refilled using the thermostat to prevent
rust.

My problem with this system is many mechanics say it dilutes the antifreeze
and you can not anticipate how effective the antifreeze is. I like the
system, I would just drain the engine before using it to refill with
antifreeze.

"*JimH*" wrote in message
.............I guess I am not like the grasshopper (
http://tinyurl.com/ds5ss ).

Although I hate to discuss winterizing now I was wondering if anyone used
one of these ( http://tinyurl.com/d69nj ) to flush and winterize their
engine(s).

They retail for over $50. I was thinking of making my own (I already have
the hose and 5 gallon plastic tank). For an extra $5 in parts I am in
business.

I have always drained my engine(s) in the past then filled them with a
50/50 or so mix of antifreeze and water poured through the thermostat
housing.

Is this ( http://tinyurl.com/d69nj ) setup easier or any more reliable?
If so, how does it work?

Starbuck's

Harry,
Even if he is just playing a rube, why use this thread as a vehicle for name
calling?

This is an on topic post that might encourage other on topic posts.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
*JimH* wrote:
.............I guess I am not like the grasshopper (
http://tinyurl.com/ds5ss ).

Although I hate to discuss winterizing now I was wondering if anyone used
one of these ( http://tinyurl.com/d69nj ) to flush and winterize their
engine(s).

They retail for over $50. I was thinking of making my own (I already
have the hose and 5 gallon plastic tank). For an extra $5 in parts I am
in business.

I have always drained my engine(s) in the past then filled them with a
50/50 or so mix of antifreeze and water poured through the thermostat
housing.

Is this ( http://tinyurl.com/d69nj ) setup easier or any more reliable?
If so, how does it work?

Well, Jerkvit, you certainly are trying hard to play the new-boater rube.

--
- - -
George W. Bush, our hero!

"I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep on the soil of a
friend."—Bush, on the prospect of visiting Denmark, Washington D.C., June
29, 2005

Starbuck's

Harry,
I don't believe I have made any derogatory comments to any of your boating
related threads. I think on topic post should be encouraged.

I do find your off topic trolls legitimate targets for the unbiased truth.

*JimH* wrote:
Another on topic thread ruined by the asshole.

\

Are you claiming it is unfair to do to your threads what you, Herring,
Smithers, Fritz, and the rest of the right-wing butts here have been doing
for years to the posts of others?

Tell you what, Jerkvit: you immediately stop making *any and all* nasty
comments about other posters here or what they post, and I'll extend to
you the same courtesy.

Why should your posts be treated any better than you treat the posts of
others?

I'm simply following your example here, Jerkvit.

--
- - -
George W. Bush, our hero!

President Bush demands creation of the Department of Hurricane Security.

*JimH*

*JimH* wrote:
Another on topic thread ruined by the asshole.

\

Are you claiming it is unfair to do to your threads what you, Herring,
Smithers, Fritz, and the rest of the right-wing butts here have been
doing for years to the posts of others?

Tell you what, Jerkvit: you immediately stop making *any and all* nasty
comments about other posters here or what they post, and I'll extend to
you the same courtesy.

Why should your posts be treated any better than you treat the posts of
others?

I'm simply following your example here, Jerkvit.

--
- - -
George W. Bush, our hero!

President Bush demands creation of the Department of Hurricane Security.

The only derogatory comments I make to anyone here are to you Krause.

Grow up as you are acting like a 6 year old.

mgg

Starbuck,

Since you haven't filtered Harry, please, a favor for those of us who have;
Don't quote his response. He'll know what you're talking about.

Thanks.

Mike

*JimH* wrote:

The only derogatory comments I make to anyone here are to you Krause.

That's nothing short of a lie. Grow up.

*JimH* wrote:
Another on topic thread ruined by the asshole.

Another case of JimH's lying about not petty, childish name calling.

PocoLoco

*JimH* wrote:
[...]

Harry didn't ruin the thread. Until I saw the responses from you and Starbucks,
I didn't even know he'd posted. It was a good thread *until* the responses!Take
your advice and kill file him.

As to winterizing, I'll confess that I pay the marina to do it. The thought is
that if my block freezes, I'll have some recourse. Probably a bs thought.
--
John H