Starbuck's

I have always drained and then refilled using the thermostat to prevent
rust.

My problem with this system is many mechanics say it dilutes the antifreeze
and you can not anticipate how effective the antifreeze is. I like the
system, I would just drain the engine before using it to refill with
antifreeze.

"*JimH*" wrote in message
.............I guess I am not like the grasshopper (
http://tinyurl.com/ds5ss ).

Although I hate to discuss winterizing now I was wondering if anyone used
one of these ( http://tinyurl.com/d69nj ) to flush and winterize their
engine(s).

They retail for over $50. I was thinking of making my own (I already have
the hose and 5 gallon plastic tank). For an extra $5 in parts I am in
business.

I have always drained my engine(s) in the past then filled them with a
50/50 or so mix of antifreeze and water poured through the thermostat
housing.

Is this ( http://tinyurl.com/d69nj ) setup easier or any more reliable?
If so, how does it work?