Sylvester Sullivan

Default 1986 Johnson 110hp vs. 115hp - Is there any difference?

I saw a question similar to this posted in another boat forum and now
am wondering about it myself. I have a 1986 Johnson 115hp and have
been looking for a parts motor. From everything I've seen as far as
part numbers go, the two outboards seem identical. Will most of the
parts from a 110hp fit the 115hp, including powerhead and lower unit?

Does anyone know what the difference is between them?

Respectfully,
Syl
trainfan1

Sylvester Sullivan wrote:
I saw a question similar to this posted in another boat forum and now
am wondering about it myself. I have a 1986 Johnson 115hp and have
been looking for a parts motor. From everything I've seen as far as
part numbers go, the two outboards seem identical. Will most of the
parts from a 110hp fit the 115hp, including powerhead and lower unit?

Does anyone know what the difference is between them?

Respectfully,
Syl

110-112-115 hp all pretty much the same - few differences like 112 did
not have power T&T standard, or VRO. They all resemble the old
125/135/140 hp engines (1972-1985) with the exhaust tuner and larger
carbs, but rated at the propshaft.

Rob

Jim

The Merc dood is back! :^)

-Jim

Clams Canino wrote:
What you need is a 1986 *Merc* 115. THEN you'd have a motor worth stocking
parts for.

-W

Clams Canino

Not really... I'm still a poor lonely clam in exile.

I *exist* in a 12x20 "office" with a bed and a toilet, one wife, and one
German shepard. I have not had a home made ravioli, pizza, or lobster for
over a month. My Merc inline 6 mail order empire is running at about 25% of
what it should be at.

We allegedly close on the 3 acre lake Hartwell property in mid June. Then
will come the glorious re-birth of Clams Canino Marine (C.C. Marine).

-W

"Jim" wrote in message
The Merc dood is back! :^)

-Jim

Clams Canino wrote:
What you need is a 1986 *Merc* 115. THEN you'd have a motor worth

stocking
parts for.

-W

Jim

Clams Canino wrote:
Not really... I'm still a poor lonely clam in exile.

:^)

I *exist* in a 12x20 "office" with a bed and a toilet, one wife, and one
German shepard.

Where is this 'office'? Up nawth or are you already here in Carolina?

My Merc inline 6 mail order empire is running at about 25% of
what it should be at.

Empire??? Gee, I thought your prices were reasonable, but didn't
realize it had grown quite that large yet. :^)

Mid June isn't too far away, although it may not seem it while living
in such closed quarters.

-Jim

Clams Canino

Up nawth... I bought a "Kinko's in a box" device to conduct my business
from my old (formerly) retied P266 deaktop.

-W

"Jim" wrote in message

Clams Canino wrote:
Not really... I'm still a poor lonely clam in exile.

:^)

I *exist* in a 12x20 "office" with a bed and a toilet, one wife, and one
German shepard.

Where is this 'office'? Up nawth or are you already here in Carolina?

My Merc inline 6 mail order empire is running at about 25% of
what it should be at.

Empire??? Gee, I thought your prices were reasonable, but didn't
realize it had grown quite that large yet. :^)

Mid June isn't too far away, although it may not seem it while living
in such closed quarters.

-Jim

1986 Johnson 70 Overheating Eldon Cutlip General 24 June 16th 04 01:39 AM
1986 100hp Johnson saga Mickey General 0 May 7th 04 01:00 AM
Fouled plugs...1986 100hp Johnson Comm Mickey General 6 May 4th 04 01:52 AM
1986 100hp Johnson VRO Mickey General 0 March 17th 04 05:31 PM
OT 1986 100hp Johnson VRO question? Mickey General 4 March 17th 04 08:00 AM