NOYB

wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:58:05 -0400, thunder
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:50:13 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Next thing you know, they'll be in Chesapeake Bay. Just think...slow
speed zone outside of any marked channel...and slow speed zone within
1/2
mile of shore.

It's commmmmming!

At least one has been to the Chesapeake, and New Jersey, for that
matter:

http://whale.wheelock.edu/archives/whalenet95/0180.html

How about they just eliminate them from the ecosystem and be done with
it?

I was actually hoping they'd all swim up Harry's way and shut down *his*
boating waters. It'd be poetic justice, since, afterall, it was a
Clinton-appointed judge ( Emmet G. Sullivan) from Washington DC who ruled
in
favor of the Save the Manatee folks, and threatened to hold Sec. of
Interior
Gale Norton in contempt for not conforming to the judgement and
implementing
the manatee zones.

How did Sullivan, in siding with the Save the Manatee people "shut down
boating waters"? Did the ruling state that boats weren't allowed in the
waters anymore? Hell, I'll answer....NO.

In some waters, yes. Those are called "manatee sanctuaries". In other
waters, the bays are so shallow that they're only passable by a boat on
plane during medium or high tide. Off plane, most boats can't get through
them. So once again, yes it managed to shut down the boating waters.

Stick to what you know, basskisser. Wife beating and trailer parks.

P. Fritz

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:

[...]

dope smoking,....................and soiling himself.

*JimH*

"NOYB" wrote in message
hlink.net...

wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:50:13 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Next thing you know, they'll be in Chesapeake Bay. Just think...slow
speed zone outside of any marked channel...and slow speed zone within
1/2
mile of shore.

It's commmmmming!
At least one has been to the Chesapeake, and New Jersey, for that
matter:

http://whale.wheelock.edu/archives/whalenet95/0180.html

How about they just eliminate them from the ecosystem and be done with
it?

I've arranged for one to move into your bathtub. Sorry.

Good - I wonder what manatee tastes like - beefsteak or chicken?

It's the other white meat.

As Bubba would say:

Manatee and shrimp, grilled manatee, boiled manatee, manatee on a stick,
baked manatee, manatee and onions, stuffed manatee, pineapple manatee,
poached manatee..........you get my point. ;-)

NOYB

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:50:13 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Just think...slow speed zone outside of any marked channel...and slow
speed zone within 1/2 mile of shore.

It's commmmmming!

You aren't going to garner a lot of support in NC or upper SC. If you
are outside of a marked channel, running aground is a lot more of a
possibility than hitting *any* sort of marine life (other than an
oyster bed).... ditto, "within 1/2 mile of shore."

The manatee are welcome here, as they apparently inhabit waters that
are unsuitable for boating.....

The manatees are just as (or more) likely to be in the channels. There's
really no logic to the regs. I've seen a half dozen of them lining the
passes right in the middle of the channel. I've seen 'em in my canal behind
my house. All of those areas are quite suitable for boating.

Shortwave Sportfishing

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:59:33 -0400, "NOYB" wrote:

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:50:13 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Just think...slow speed zone outside of any marked channel...and slow
speed zone within 1/2 mile of shore.

It's commmmmming!

You aren't going to garner a lot of support in NC or upper SC. If you
are outside of a marked channel, running aground is a lot more of a
possibility than hitting *any* sort of marine life (other than an
oyster bed).... ditto, "within 1/2 mile of shore."

The manatee are welcome here, as they apparently inhabit waters that
are unsuitable for boating.....

The manatees are just as (or more) likely to be in the channels. There's
really no logic to the regs. I've seen a half dozen of them lining the
passes right in the middle of the channel. I've seen 'em in my canal behind
my house. All of those areas are quite suitable for boating.

Make them extinct - problem solved.

NOYB wrote:
"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:50:13 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Just think...slow speed zone outside of any marked channel...and slow
speed zone within 1/2 mile of shore.

It's commmmmming!

You aren't going to garner a lot of support in NC or upper SC. If you
are outside of a marked channel, running aground is a lot more of a
possibility than hitting *any* sort of marine life (other than an
oyster bed).... ditto, "within 1/2 mile of shore."

The manatee are welcome here, as they apparently inhabit waters that
are unsuitable for boating.....

The manatees are just as (or more) likely to be in the channels. There's
really no logic to the regs. I've seen a half dozen of them lining the
passes right in the middle of the channel. I've seen 'em in my canal behind
my house. All of those areas are quite suitable for boating.

Manatees get in those canal/cesspools?

NOYB

wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:05:43 -0400, "*JimH*" wrote:

As Bubba would say:

Manatee and shrimp, grilled manatee, boiled manatee, manatee on a stick,
baked manatee, manatee and onions, stuffed manatee, pineapple manatee,
poached manatee..........you get my point. ;-)

One of the good old boys had a Manatee tag on his car but they made
him change the personalized tag. It was "EAT UM"

I know that guy. And actually, it was EAT UMM, with two "M's"...but I
wouldn't characterize him as a "good ol' boy" since he's a yankee like most
of us.

NOYB

wrote in message
ups.com...

NOYB wrote:
[...]

Sure do. In fact, I've caught snook, redfish, snapper, and a barracuda off
my dock. How many have you caught off your dock, Kevin?

NOYB

wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:50:13 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Several manatees spotted off S.C. coast
Boaters encouraged to be aware, be careful around rare animals.

The biggest thing they could do top save the manatee is to make FPL
cool their water before they discharge it into the Caloosahatchee.
That is why the manatee are here.
The fact is the SMC forced FPL to artificially warm the water last
year because the new high efficiency power plant was not producing
enough hot water for the stinking manatee.
When you consider that this is also the only waterway that crosses the
peninsula of Florida it is like putting a salt lick in the median of
I-75 and wondering why all the deer get hit by cars!.

Exactly. The worst part is that we're paying for them (via our electric
bills) to keep the old system running just to heat the water.

John H.

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:38:09 -0400, "NOYB" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
[...]

Maybe a catfish in the toddler pool?

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD

I was a Mac26X owner EdGordonRN ASA 119 April 22nd 04 04:58 AM
ICW -- In Danger anchorlt Cruising 68 March 3rd 04 06:08 AM
icw un funded! Florida Keyz General 0 February 22nd 04 01:32 PM
Manatee speed rules unconstituitional? RG General 35 December 22nd 03 11:39 PM
St. Johns River Becoming 1 Large Manatee Zone Capt. Frank Hopkins General 24 August 21st 03 03:48 AM