Harry Krause

Default Manatee speed rules unconstituitional?

RG wrote:

BY CARIE L. CALL,
Published by news-press.com on December 19, 2003

Lee County boaters who hit the throttle through state-posted manatee slow
speed zones this weekend may not be breaking the law.

A Lee Circuit Court appellate ruling has Florida Fish and Wildlife
Conservation Commission officials confused over whether the slow speed
zones can be legally enforced.

http://news-press.com/news/cape/p_031219mantee.html

Obviously, then, this is the weekend to get out in your powerboats,
open the throttles and slam into as many manatees as
possible.
Manatees, after all, have no reason to live, not when they get in the
way of powerboaters in a hurry.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Greg

Obviously, then, this is the weekend to get out in your powerboats,
open the throttles and slam into as many manatees as
possible.

You are going to have to be doing doughnuts at the end of the FPL discharge
pipes at the power plant. The water temperature is around 61-63 everywhere else
and if there is a manatee there he is dying anyway.
Florida Keyz

spoken like a true sailor

Doug Kanter

Interesting. Not based on sound science. We have hunting & fishing regs
which are based on whatever science we have, even though it may be imperfect
thus far. I don't know many people who complain about those regulations.

Greg

According to the folks at Mote Marine Labs 67 is about as cold as the water can
be before manatee start becoming cold stressed.
Without FLP the manatee would have migrated south over a month ago.
Now they hang out in the middle of the Okeechobee waterway, the only east-west
route across the peninsula of Florida. It is like putting a salt lick in the
median of I-75 and wondering why all the deer keep getting hit.

Greg,
Why is he dying?
Paul

"Greg" wrote in message

The water temperature is around 61-63 everywhere
else
and if there is a manatee there he is dying anyway.

Greg

The thing that makes this unconstitutional is that there is a federal
regulation. This is a state issue.
Doug Kanter

"Greg" wrote in message
The thing that makes this unconstitutional is that there is a federal
regulation. This is a state issue.

So are a number of other wildlife regulations. I suspect it has to do with
one of two things:

1) If the Feds do a study first, they make the regulation

2) If a state stands to **** off a group of some sort, politicians find a
way to get the Feds to make the rule. This keeps the in-state blowjob cycle
intact. We used to call it "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours". Now
it's the blowjob cycle.

Some Florida politician didn't want to **** of boaters, so he arranged for
the Feds to do it.

Greg

The 10th amendment says'

Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to
the people.

For the same reason that "murder" is a state crime, "speeding" should be too.
The only federal crimes, according to the Constitution, are treason and
counterfeiting.
Some federal use the 14th amendment to expand federal powers in the aim of
insuring HUMAN rights but manatee have no constitutional rights.