NOYB wrote:
"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:50:13 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Just think...slow speed zone outside of any marked channel...and slow
speed zone within 1/2 mile of shore.

It's commmmmming!

You aren't going to garner a lot of support in NC or upper SC. If you
are outside of a marked channel, running aground is a lot more of a
possibility than hitting *any* sort of marine life (other than an
oyster bed).... ditto, "within 1/2 mile of shore."

The manatee are welcome here, as they apparently inhabit waters that
are unsuitable for boating.....

The manatees are just as (or more) likely to be in the channels. There's
really no logic to the regs. I've seen a half dozen of them lining the
passes right in the middle of the channel. I've seen 'em in my canal behind
my house. All of those areas are quite suitable for boating.

Manatees get in those canal/cesspools?