John H

Default 25 Fish Later

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 16:21:47 -0400, HarryKrause wrote:

What a beautiful day on Chesapeake Bay! Flat as a millpond this morning,
a little foggy, but the fog burned off. Water temps in the mid-70s.

Lots of folks fishing for croakers, so we tried our luck and managed to
catch 25 in less than two hours in two different spots. We used
Fishbites Bag O' Worms, an artificial bloodworm. They're fabulous. We
outfished the Lady Hooker, a headboat that was in the crowd. Tossed all
the fish back.

Took a nice little jaunt up and across the Bay to St. Micheals for
lunch, then we zipped up through Kent Narrows to ogle the fancy boats
and bikinis. Came back down again, drift fished for a while in a pack of
boats just outside Herring Bay and caught...more croakers.

It's pretty hot outside now, must be almost 90F.

Gasoline prices were pretty bad at the marinas we saw. About $2.69.
Nothing like having a POTUS who won't even jawbone Big Oil. Oh well.

Wow! *No* one has caught a croaker yet in Herring Bay, including both Hookers
who were there this past Thursday. Lots of perch and a few spot, but nary a
croaker.

You should post this on Tidalfish.com. You'd be a hero in a minute. As a matter
of fact, would you mind if I posted it for you? Hell, I'll give hkrause credit
and everything!

You are *the* man, Harry!
--
John H

Don White

HarryKrause wrote:
[...]

Too hot to do much here. I'm now doing my drywall crackfilling for the
bay window we installed. Yesterday, in the hottest June 25 on record
(33 deg C) my brother-in-law sends one of his employees up with the dump
truck so I could load all my garbage from the project. I can't complain
though, if I had to hire a trucker to come, and the tipping fees at the
dump...it would be over $ 150.00.
John H

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:26:41 -0400, HarryKrause wrote:

John H wrote:
[...]

You really can't read for content, can you?

I said *outside* Herring Bay.

Inside, outside, the story is the same. Do you mind if I post your magical
moment to tidalfish.com? They will *love* hearing the news. Even the Rod 'n Reel
tackle shop, who books the Lady Hooker, would love to hear about your croaker!
--
John H

*JimH*

wrote:

[...]

John, explain to us so we know how magical this story is.

HarryKrause wrote:

You really can't read for content, can you?

I said *outside* Herring Bay.

I think John can read for content, if he chooses to. The problem is,
he's desperately trying to find something wrong in your post to bolster
his low self esteem. His sagging ego is probably due to age, or
alcoholism.

*JimH*

wrote in message
ups.com...

HarryKrause wrote:

You really can't read for content, can you?

I said *outside* Herring Bay.

I think John can read for content, if he chooses to. The problem is,
he's desperately trying to find something wrong in your post to bolster
his low self esteem. His sagging ego is probably due to age, or
alcoholism.

3rd post of the day, 2nd one with insults.

*JimH* wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

HarryKrause wrote:

You really can't read for content, can you?

I said *outside* Herring Bay.

I think John can read for content, if he chooses to. The problem is,
he's desperately trying to find something wrong in your post to bolster
his low self esteem. His sagging ego is probably due to age, or
alcoholism.

3rd post of the day, 2nd one with insults.

When in Rome, as they say. What ever happened to your vow to not post
off topic, not post lies about others and to not insult?

John H

John H wrote:

[...]

Inside, outside, the story is the same? You're maintaining no one is
catching croakers in Chesapeake Bay? You ought to hire a fishing guide
for a day and learn how to catch fish. Then you ought to hire a
therapist to help you get over your obsession about where I keep my boats.

Herring, I know I'm your hero, but we'd both be better served if you
kept your bile under control with a Tums. As I mentioned previously, I
let my "subscription" to TidalFish expire many months ago, and I hadn't
looked at the posts there for months before that. Reading posts where
the "boys" talk about their great catches from "Location X" may give you
a hard-on, but it doesn't do a thing for me.

Nope, Harry, I didn't say that no croaker have been caught in the Chesapeake
Bay. There have been a *few* caught down by Solomons and points south. No one is
catching croaker in the Herring Bay neck of the woods, or even down by Breezy
Point, except *you* of course! The Lady Hooker didn't catch any! (Your *fish
tale* sounded so magical I called the Rod 'n Reel tackle shop.

Tell you what I'll do. Tomorrow I'll post your story on tidalfish.com, and ask
if the members think it's fact or fantasy. Then I'll post some of the replies
here. I'll be sure to give you credit for your tale!
--
John H

Environment - Aquacultural effluent (Wash. Post) Frederick Burroughs General 0 January 25th 05 12:05 AM
Fish, fish, and more fish! Harry Krause General 12 August 14th 04 04:08 PM
OT Mercury in fish basskisser General 1 August 4th 04 06:01 PM
The problem with these off-topic, political threads... Joe Parsons General 99 September 10th 03 04:42 AM
Fish Farming Bill Cole General 2 September 7th 03 05:43 PM