John H

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:26:41 -0400, HarryKrause wrote:

John H wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 16:21:47 -0400, HarryKrause wrote:

What a beautiful day on Chesapeake Bay! Flat as a millpond this morning,
a little foggy, but the fog burned off. Water temps in the mid-70s.

Lots of folks fishing for croakers, so we tried our luck and managed to
catch 25 in less than two hours in two different spots. We used
Fishbites Bag O' Worms, an artificial bloodworm. They're fabulous. We
outfished the Lady Hooker, a headboat that was in the crowd. Tossed all
the fish back.

Took a nice little jaunt up and across the Bay to St. Micheals for
lunch, then we zipped up through Kent Narrows to ogle the fancy boats
and bikinis. Came back down again, drift fished for a while in a pack of
boats just outside Herring Bay and caught...more croakers.

It's pretty hot outside now, must be almost 90F.

Gasoline prices were pretty bad at the marinas we saw. About $2.69.
Nothing like having a POTUS who won't even jawbone Big Oil. Oh well.

Wow! *No* one has caught a croaker yet in Herring Bay, including both Hookers
who were there this past Thursday. Lots of perch and a few spot, but nary a
croaker.

You should post this on Tidalfish.com. You'd be a hero in a minute. As a matter
of fact, would you mind if I posted it for you? Hell, I'll give hkrause credit
and everything!

You are *the* man, Harry!

You really can't read for content, can you?

I said *outside* Herring Bay.

Inside, outside, the story is the same. Do you mind if I post your magical
moment to tidalfish.com? They will *love* hearing the news. Even the Rod 'n Reel
tackle shop, who books the Lady Hooker, would love to hear about your croaker!
--
John H