Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
otnmbrd

Default Common Sense

Yesterday, I had a boat run across my bow. Technically he was "give
way", but he was going to clear..... problem is he disappeared under my
bow because I was blind for about 1/2 mile ahead.
NEVER get closer than two miles to a ship.
If you are in close quarters and forced to be closer thanh that (In this
case there was no excuse for him doing this), NEVER lose sight of the
bridge or put yourself into a situation where you may.
Never expect a ship to maneuver for you in narrow channels (his main
concern is staying safely within that channel .... if you interfere with
that you are low on the totem pole of concerns).

otn

8 year old with a great sense of self preservation-Boating Related Doug Kanter General 9 August 20th 03 01:11 AM
Common courtesy? Paul General 23 August 19th 03 08:42 PM
Common courtesy? Extinct! [email protected] General 4 August 12th 03 08:20 PM