Paul Schilter

Default Common Sense

otn,
When it comes to something like a freighter I ignore the rules of the
road, he's got the right of way, always! Same thing goes for 18 wheelers on
the road, they have the right of way. I've never wanted to be dead right.
Paul

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
ink.net...
Yesterday, I had a boat run across my bow. Technically he was "give
way", but he was going to clear..... problem is he disappeared under my
bow because I was blind for about 1/2 mile ahead.
NEVER get closer than two miles to a ship.
If you are in close quarters and forced to be closer thanh that (In this
case there was no excuse for him doing this), NEVER lose sight of the
bridge or put yourself into a situation where you may.
Never expect a ship to maneuver for you in narrow channels (his main
concern is staying safely within that channel .... if you interfere with
that you are low on the totem pole of concerns).

otn