jasper

Default prop shop recommendations

While out on the mississipppi yesterday, i was cruising along and aparantly
hit a underwater log or stump, cuase i felt a jolt and a loss of speed, i
throttled down to a idle's pace and turned the boat for home.. I figured
since the prop was still turning i would probably make it home, and i did..
it certainly had less speed then before, and sure enough there are some
pretty serious gouges on all three blades..

I would like to keep the cost as low as possible,
would anyone recommend a good prop shop to fix this prop.
Any recommendations would be great, thanx
i can ship it for free so as long as it is in the US, it will be fine.

jason

Paul Dougherty

Jason,
Try http://www.midwestpropeller.com/ Bob has sold me new props and
fixed banged up ones very reasonable. he has a very quick turnaround
as well.

Paul

"jasper" wrote in message news:3f256f4c_2@newsfeed...
While out on the mississipppi yesterday, i was cruising along and aparantly
hit a underwater log or stump, cuase i felt a jolt and a loss of speed, i
throttled down to a idle's pace and turned the boat for home.. I figured
since the prop was still turning i would probably make it home, and i did..
it certainly had less speed then before, and sure enough there are some
pretty serious gouges on all three blades..

I would like to keep the cost as low as possible,
would anyone recommend a good prop shop to fix this prop.
Any recommendations would be great, thanx
i can ship it for free so as long as it is in the US, it will be fine.

jason

Tony Thomas

Assuming this is an aluminum prop, may not be worth the cost to fix. Check
e-bay for one of same size. You might be surprised at how cheap you can
pick one up.

--
Tony
my boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"jasper" wrote in message
While out on the mississipppi yesterday, i was cruising along and

aparantly
hit a underwater log or stump, cuase i felt a jolt and a loss of speed, i
throttled down to a idle's pace and turned the boat for home.. I figured
since the prop was still turning i would probably make it home, and i

did..
it certainly had less speed then before, and sure enough there are some
pretty serious gouges on all three blades..

I would like to keep the cost as low as possible,
would anyone recommend a good prop shop to fix this prop.
Any recommendations would be great, thanx
i can ship it for free so as long as it is in the US, it will be fine.

jason

FRANKWBELL

In article 3f256f4c_2@newsfeed, "jasper"
writes:

I figured
since the prop was still turning i would probably make it home, and i did..
it certainly had less speed then before, and sure enough there are some
pretty serious gouges on all three blades..

Just as a suggestion, get a new prop AND get the old one repaired. Ever since
I spun a prop, I've always kept a spare on board.

I haven't had to use it yet, but I'm glad it's there.

Frank Bell

jasper

great suggestion, and indeed i may, however i already have a backup prop, it
is a much larger pitch, and doesnt really run the rpms i like, but suits
fine as a spare to get me home in a pinch..

I looked around the internet and actually found this prop brand new for $63
so i am probably gonna get a new one, but i am still eventually gonna get
this one fixed, so suggestions on where to do so would be great.

jasper
87 Bayliner 1410 Trophy Bass
87 Force 50 HP

Quick Prop Question M.E. General 10 August 2nd 03 03:53 AM
Prop Question... Part II Matt General 1 July 24th 03 01:58 AM
Prop sizes/performance Steve Lomax General 6 July 23rd 03 11:49 PM
Prop question Frank Taylor, Jr. General 5 July 23rd 03 04:23 AM
Prop advice for Volvo Penta Joseph General 2 July 11th 03 02:17 AM