BoatBanter.com

-   -   prop shop recommendations (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/428-prop-shop-recommendations.html)

jasper July 29th 03 07:45 PM

prop shop recommendations

While out on the mississipppi yesterday, i was cruising along and aparantly
hit a underwater log or stump, cuase i felt a jolt and a loss of speed, i
throttled down to a idle's pace and turned the boat for home.. I figured
since the prop was still turning i would probably make it home, and i did..
it certainly had less speed then before, and sure enough there are some
pretty serious gouges on all three blades..

I would like to keep the cost as low as possible,
would anyone recommend a good prop shop to fix this prop.
Any recommendations would be great, thanx
i can ship it for free so as long as it is in the US, it will be fine.

jason

Paul Dougherty July 30th 03 12:27 AM

prop shop recommendations

Jason,
Try http://www.midwestpropeller.com/ Bob has sold me new props and
fixed banged up ones very reasonable. he has a very quick turnaround
as well.

Paul

Tony Thomas July 30th 03 02:16 AM

prop shop recommendations

Assuming this is an aluminum prop, may not be worth the cost to fix. Check
e-bay for one of same size. You might be surprised at how cheap you can
pick one up.

--
Tony
my boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

FRANKWBELL July 30th 03 02:42 AM

prop shop recommendations

In article 3f256f4c_2@newsfeed, "jasper"
writes:

I figured
since the prop was still turning i would probably make it home, and i did..
it certainly had less speed then before, and sure enough there are some
pretty serious gouges on all three blades..

Just as a suggestion, get a new prop AND get the old one repaired. Ever since
I spun a prop, I've always kept a spare on board.

I haven't had to use it yet, but I'm glad it's there.

Frank Bell

jasper July 30th 03 03:37 AM

prop shop recommendations

great suggestion, and indeed i may, however i already have a backup prop, it
is a much larger pitch, and doesnt really run the rpms i like, but suits
fine as a spare to get me home in a pinch..

I looked around the internet and actually found this prop brand new for $63
so i am probably gonna get a new one, but i am still eventually gonna get
this one fixed, so suggestions on where to do so would be great.

jasper
87 Bayliner 1410 Trophy Bass
87 Force 50 HP