Skip Gundlach

Default WTB Perkins 4-154/Hurth tranny plate

I'm looking for the plate which bolts to the tranny with 4 bolts with their
heads facing the engine, about 4" apart at the top and bottom pairs and
perhaps a little less in height (on the port and starboard height
separations), and to the bell housing with 6 bolts, 3 each on the starboard
and port sides, with their heads facing the stern.

It's circular, essentially flat (with some web bosses), about 11" in
diameter. There's also a couple of what look like potential bracket
mounting bosses on the top section (above where the tranny bolts to it, on
the outside, facing the tranny) of about 1/4 centers, about 4" apart. As
mine weren't used, they're not important, but might help identify the part.

Likely this mount was used in all Perkins 4-cylinder to Hurth trannies, but
I don't know that for certain, at all.

Anyone have one from a junk/pull, or know where I should look?

Thanks.

L8R

Skip and Lydia

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig

"And then again, when you sit at the helm of your little ship on a
clear night, and gaze at the countless stars overhead, and realize
that you are quite alone on a great, wide sea, it is apt to occur to
you that in the general scheme of things you are merely an
insignificant speck on the surface of the ocean; and are not nearly
so important or as self-sufficient as you thought you were. Which is
an exceedingly wholesome thought, and one that may effect a
permanent change in your deportment that will be greatly appreciated
by your friends." - James S. Pitkin

felton

You might check with these folks

http://www.merequipment.com/index.html

I bought my Hurth transmission from them when I needed to replace a
bad one, and I was very pleased with my experience with these guys.

randy

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:50:53 GMT, "Skip Gundlach"
wrote:

[...]

Kelton Joyner

Don't know where you are located, but if close to Ft. Lauderdale, you
can contact Mark Malo at
http://www.fort-lauderdale-marine-di...m/dir/c/38.php
He takes old Perkins in as exchange, rebuilds to rebuildable and parts
out the rest. Also will probably be available at Transmission Marine
http://www.marinegears.com.
Kelton
s/v Isle Escape