basskisser

Default Why I don't Buy Boating/Fishing Gear at Wal-Mart

"Joe" wrote in message news:GN_bc.9339
that is pulled by a non-union made Toyota
Tundra.

WRONG!!!!!!
NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

NOYB wrote:

He's a union member, so buying union-made might be a conflict of

interest?

(I'm trying to help rationalize this for you, Harry, but there's no

good
explanation I guess).

You have a list of 25' pilothouse fishing boats produced in the United
States by a unionized workforce?

24' Alumaweld Formula Vee with Evinrude outboards...towed behind a Ford
F150.

http://www.alumaweldboats.com/detail...ge=description

Union-made ain't too appealing, eh?

You have a list of 25' pilothouse fishing boats produced in the United
States by a unionized workforce?

I gave you the extensive list:
Alumaweld boats.
Evinrude engines.

You're proving my point for me. When choosing between union-made and non
union-made, there isn't usually much of a choice.

Do you really believe that you are doing the country a favor by buying Made
in China products at a store *other* than Wal-Mart? Your gripe has been
about the loss of manufacturing jobs. *Where* you buy your foreign made
products has virtually no impact on a manufacturer's decision as to where
he'll build them.

John H

NOYB wrote:

He's a union member, so buying union-made might be a conflict of

interest?

I think union officials have only one interest, taking as much as possible from
union members. Harry still hasn't addressed this:

The U.S. Dept. of Labor has obtained a consent judgment requiring Wash.,
D.C.-based Trust Fund Advisors (TFA) and Union Labor Life Insurance Co. to
pay $2.4 million in restitution to two Laborers pension funds and civil
penalties to the Labor Department. "The Labor Department's legal actions in
the Union Labor Life Insurance case will restore lost assets to thousands of
union workers," said Secy. of Labor Elaine Chao, "and make clear that those
who manage union funds cannot ignore their fiduciary responsibilities."

The Labor Dept. sued the defendants on March 22, 2002, for violating the
Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) when they imprudently used
pension assets to purchase and develop a 120-acre tract of raw land in North
Las Vegas into saleable building lots in 1995. The suit also alleged that
ULLICO and TFA failed to properly investigate the merits of the real estate
project and, ultimately, abandoned it in 1997 without selling any lots. The
funds suffered losses when the property was sold in June 1999 for less than
the amount of the investment.

TFA was the investment manager to the two funds sponsored by the Laborers
Intl. Union of N. Amer. - the National Industrial Pension Fund and the Local
Union and District Council Pension Fund. TFA hired ULLICO as a qualified
professional asset manager to handle all real estate investments made on
behalf of the funds. The National Industrial Pension Fund covered 46,508
participants and the Local Union and District Council Pension Fund covered
7,106 participants as of January 2002. The funds had cumulative assets in
excess of $1.1 billion.

The judgment, filed in the U.S. Dist. Ct. in Wash., D.C., resulted from an
investigation conducted by the Philadelphia regional office of DOL's
Employee Benefits Security Admin. [EBSA, 3/15/04]

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Joe

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Joe" wrote in message news:GN_bc.9339
that is pulled by a non-union made Toyota
Tundra.

WRONG!!!!!!

Yes, you are, once again.

Joe

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Joe" wrote in message news:GN_bc.9339
that is pulled by a non-union made Toyota
Tundra.

WRONG!!!!!!

Well (b)asshole, where's the proof of your wild, unfounded assumption?

Why I don't Buy Boating/Fishing Gear at Wal-Mart Don White General 4 April 4th 04 06:18 PM
gear linkage adjustment 1995 Force tcoop General 2 October 16th 03 10:09 AM
SternDrive Gear ratios General 5 October 4th 03 12:35 AM
Put into gear = Engine shuts down? Tony Thomas General 2 July 20th 03 12:19 AM
Need ring gear or specs for 1995 PCM 5.8 Pro Boss [email protected] General 6 July 10th 03 07:18 AM