Dag Sunde

Default Tune-up a Yamaha 9.9 to 15 HP

What parts do I need for tuning a Yamaha 9.9
up to 15 HP?

Someone have an overview over the different
year-models, and the different ways it was/is
done on each?

TIA...

--
Dag.

Chris

I believe those two motors are put in a class where they're pretty much
identical except for displacement. For my Yamaha, I've only changed plugs.
It doesn't need anymore than that.

"Dag Sunde" wrote in message
What parts do I need for tuning a Yamaha 9.9
up to 15 HP?

Someone have an overview over the different
year-models, and the different ways it was/is
done on each?

TIA...

--
Dag.

Dag Sunde

"Dag Sunde" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
What parts do I need for tuning a Yamaha 9.9
up to 15 HP?

Someone have an overview over the different
year-models, and the different ways it was/is
done on each?

I believe those two motors are put in a class where they're pretty much
identical except for displacement. For my Yamaha, I've only changed

plugs.
It doesn't need anymore than that.

Ah, sorry. I was unclear.

Those two engines are exactly the same engines.
The 9.9 is just a drossled down version of the 15HP.

There are used different techniques up thru the years
to make this power-reduction, and I wondered if anyone
had an overview over what method was used on which model
(Carburator, stopper on the speed lever,
different reed-valve, etc., etc...)

Chris

Ah, I get what you're saying.

I didn't think they'd be that way, but I'm interested in any information you
find on the topic if that's the case.

"Dag Sunde" wrote in message
"Dag Sunde" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
m...
What parts do I need for tuning a Yamaha 9.9
up to 15 HP?

Someone have an overview over the different
year-models, and the different ways it was/is
done on each?

I believe those two motors are put in a class where they're pretty much
identical except for displacement. For my Yamaha, I've only changed

plugs.
It doesn't need anymore than that.

Ah, sorry. I was unclear.

Those two engines are exactly the same engines.
The 9.9 is just a drossled down version of the 15HP.

There are used different techniques up thru the years
to make this power-reduction, and I wondered if anyone
had an overview over what method was used on which model
(Carburator, stopper on the speed lever,
different reed-valve, etc., etc...)

HankCoen

I have a 9.9 Evinrude and all I did was put on different carb and intake and
got it to be a 15. I would guess your motor is the same. The displacement of
the 9.9 and 15 are the same. its the carb and intake that give you the extra
horses. And if you change the prop you could get a little more get up and
go.
"Dag Sunde" wrote in message
What parts do I need for tuning a Yamaha 9.9
up to 15 HP?

Someone have an overview over the different
year-models, and the different ways it was/is
done on each?

TIA...

--
Dag.

And don't forget to retune the exhaust--thats whats supplies the
backpressure that the engine is tuned to.

Mercury 1, Yamaha 0 Gould 0738 General 8 October 21st 04 03:35 AM
20 foot Key Largo 2000CC, Which Motor, Yamaha 150 2 or 4 cycle, Help. Joe General 2 June 7th 04 02:52 PM
Yamaha Outboard Timing help Chris Selwyn-Smith General 4 September 20th 03 01:54 AM
help setting up timing on old yamaha? Chris Selwyn-Smith UK Power Boats 4 September 19th 03 11:08 PM
Yamaha 4 stroke 9.9 Terry McMahon Cruising 1 August 9th 03 02:13 AM