Chris

Ah, I get what you're saying.

I didn't think they'd be that way, but I'm interested in any information you
find on the topic if that's the case.

"Dag Sunde" wrote in message
"Dag Sunde" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
m...
What parts do I need for tuning a Yamaha 9.9
up to 15 HP?

Someone have an overview over the different
year-models, and the different ways it was/is
done on each?

I believe those two motors are put in a class where they're pretty much
identical except for displacement. For my Yamaha, I've only changed

plugs.
It doesn't need anymore than that.

Ah, sorry. I was unclear.

Those two engines are exactly the same engines.
The 9.9 is just a drossled down version of the 15HP.

There are used different techniques up thru the years
to make this power-reduction, and I wondered if anyone
had an overview over what method was used on which model
(Carburator, stopper on the speed lever,
different reed-valve, etc., etc...)