Dag Sunde

"Dag Sunde" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
What parts do I need for tuning a Yamaha 9.9
up to 15 HP?

Someone have an overview over the different
year-models, and the different ways it was/is
done on each?

I believe those two motors are put in a class where they're pretty much
identical except for displacement. For my Yamaha, I've only changed

plugs.
It doesn't need anymore than that.

Ah, sorry. I was unclear.

Those two engines are exactly the same engines.
The 9.9 is just a drossled down version of the 15HP.

There are used different techniques up thru the years
to make this power-reduction, and I wondered if anyone
had an overview over what method was used on which model
(Carburator, stopper on the speed lever,
different reed-valve, etc., etc...)