John Smith

Default BAYLINER BASHERS..

NOYB,
Have you ever read a statement by Bassie that was not totally off base? The
funny part is even when he is dead wrong, he still doesn't know it.

"NOYB" wrote in message

"Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote in message
basskisser,
See, http://www.gore.com/creative/tanara.html , I would think it's

using
gore-tex thread to stitch a cushion together as opposed to say nylon

thread.

Grin bassie's silence is deafening.

basskisser

"NOYB" wrote in message ...
"Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote in message
basskisser,
See, http://www.gore.com/creative/tanara.html , I would think it's

using
gore-tex thread to stitch a cushion together as opposed to say nylon

thread.

Grin bassie's silence is deafening.

You stupid idiot!! You definitively used "Gore-Tex". Now, I care
nothing about Tanera textiles. SHOW ME some "Gore-Tex thread".
basskisser

"Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote in message ...
basskisser,
See, http://www.gore.com/creative/tanara.html , I would think it's using
gore-tex thread to stitch a cushion together as opposed to say nylon thread.
Paul

Nowhere on that site, NOWHERE is there a mention of Gore-Tex, a
fabric, go to THEIR website, not some generic drivel, and look around,
here is the link:

http://www.gore-tex.com
basskisser

"John Smith" wrote in message news:FUvvc.38200$eY2.16779@attbi_s02...
NOYB,
Have you ever read a statement by Bassie that was not totally off base? The
funny part is even when he is dead wrong, he still doesn't know it.

Prove me wrong. NOYB said "Gore-Tex", NOT Tanera. Sooooo, go visit the
website for "Gore-Tex", not some generic drivel, and get back to me.
Show me on THEIR website where this "Gore-Tex" stitching (ie: thread)
is found.
Steven Shelikoff

On 3 Jun 2004 05:21:38 -0700, (basskisser) wrote:

"Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote in message ...
basskisser,
See,
http://www.gore.com/creative/tanara.html , I would think it's using
gore-tex thread to stitch a cushion together as opposed to say nylon thread.
Paul

Nowhere on that site, NOWHERE is there a mention of Gore-Tex, a
fabric, go to THEIR website, not some generic drivel, and look around,
here is the link:

http://www.gore-tex.com

Actually, there is mention of gore-tex thread on thier website. You
just didn't look hard enough.

Here are links of people using gore-tex thread:

http://www.kron4.com/Global/story.asp?S=1511515

"The gore-tex thread, which looks like dental floss, is run up the check
then attached on the side of the head."

http://www.nordstromhospital.fi/eLips.htm

"Gore-tex thread is soft and elastic and around 1,8 mm in diameter."

http://www.perineology.com/files/vag_tape2.htm

"Then, with a constant visual control, stitches of Gore-Tex® threads set
on a small but strong needle are passed, right and left, through the
outer parts of the arcuate ligament."

Now, if you want to find it on their webside, go to
http://www.gore-tex.com and click on the link at the bottom, Medical
Products. Then click on one of the products links, general should be
fine. Near the bottom you'll find a line for gore-tex suture that will
lead you to:

http://www.goremedical.com/English/P...ture/Index.htm

Steve

John Smith

Steven,
Basskisser's loves to take a stand and continue to believe it even when you
provide proof that he is wrong. I loved his strong position concerning
whiskey and schnapps even when his own link showed that the key component of
whiskey was that it needed to be aged in oak casts.

I can now see BassK stating that your link is incorrect because it is used
for medical purposes and not to be used on a boat.

Here is a link showing the benefits of Gore-Tex sewing thread on a boat
cover or awning. "We know that GORE-TEX® sewing thread never fails due to
exposure to the environment. We back up that claim with a full lifetime
warranty. If the seams on your boat cover or awning fail before the end of
the usual life of the fabric, we'll pay for the repair work."

http://www.americana.com/fabricawnings/goretex.htm

"Steven Shelikoff" wrote in message
[...]

basskisser

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On 3 Jun 2004 05:21:38 -0700,
(basskisser) wrote:

[...]

Hmm, Steve, even you can do better than that. You say that Gore-Tex
has thread on their website, yet you show other websites. Now you know
that NONE of those products uses the Gore-Tex trademark.
NOYB

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"John Smith" wrote in message

NOYB,
Have you ever read a statement by Bassie that was not totally off base?

The
funny part is even when he is dead wrong, he still doesn't know it.

Prove me wrong. NOYB said "Gore-Tex", NOT Tanera. Sooooo, go visit the
website for "Gore-Tex", not some generic drivel, and get back to me.
Show me on THEIR website where this "Gore-Tex" stitching (ie: thread)
is found.

Tenara is a Gore-Tex product you bonehead! Calling Tenara sewing thread
"Gore-tex thread" would be the same as calling a Pontiac a "GM automobile".
Sheesh...

John Smith

"basskisser" wrote in message
m...

Hmm, Steve, even you can do better than that. You say that Gore-Tex
has thread on their website, yet you show other websites. Now you know
that NONE of those products uses the Gore-Tex trademark.

http://www.americana.com/fabricawnings/goretex.htm
The Thread Solution
Whether it's your boat canvas, awning or other outdoor fabric structure,
seam failure always results from thread that's adversly affected by the
elements. Now that problem is solved forever.

Why does stiching fail?
Outdoor canvas is exposed to ultraviolet(UV) radiation, cleaning agents,
pollution, sal****er and air, rain and snow. While these elements are
detrimental to both the fabric and seam thread, the thread usually fails
first. Polyester thread was traditionally used for sewing seams even though
it would often need replacement every few years. Today the latest fabrics
last 5 to 10 years. Why not have seams that last just as long?

Now there's GORE-TEX® sewing thread
This remarkable thread is manufactured from 100% expanded PTFE fiber, a
unique form of PTFE known as Teflon®. GORE-TEX® sewing thread will not
deteriorate from exposure to the elements. It's an ideal choice for sewing
outdoor fabric products, because it's immune to ultraviolet degredation, the
primary cause of seam failure.

Our Guarantee
We know that GORE-TEX® sewing thread never fails due to exposure to the
environment. We back up that claim with a full lifetime warranty. If the
seams on your boat cover or awning fail before the end of the usual life of
the fabric, we'll pay for the repair work.

Always ask for GORE-TEX® sewing thread
When it's time to restitch an awning or order a new boat cover or any other
outdoor fabric product, request GORE-TEX® sewing thread.

NOYB

"NOYB" wrote in message

"Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote in message
basskisser,
See, http://www.gore.com/creative/tanara.html , I would think it's

using
gore-tex thread to stitch a cushion together as opposed to say nylon

thread.

Grin bassie's silence is deafening.

You stupid idiot!! You definitively used "Gore-Tex". Now, I care
nothing about Tanera textiles. SHOW ME some "Gore-Tex thread".

Tenara thread is a Gore-Tex product. Calling it Gore-tex thread is the same
as calling a Buick, Chevy, Pontiac, etc. a GM car.

Beginner's questions/'91 Bayliner 17' Chris Deruyte General 11 February 3rd 04 12:02 AM
New one on me - Laminate Flooring Black-n-Gold General 117 October 16th 03 06:50 PM
Bayliner 2858 Command bridge (1987) Manitoumagic General 4 September 2nd 03 12:23 AM
Bayliner Bashing JML General 8 August 5th 03 01:04 PM
'89 Bayliner 2.3 Engine puked Rpk General 1 July 22nd 03 11:06 PM