Joe Parsons

Default Some secret Off-Topic good news.

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:46:36 -0500, John H wrote:

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 20:18:21 GMT, Joe Parsons
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:06:03 -0500, John H wrote:

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:51:35 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:29:41 -0500, John H
wrote:

Do you believe that there is *nothing* good happening in
Iraq, or does it just upset you to *hear* about it?

============================================ ==

Frankly John, I think there are quite a few of us who would prefer not
to hear about it in THIS news group. You started out here as a fairly
straight guy who liked to talk about boats, fishing and the
Chesapeake, all suitable topics of course.

Lately, you seem to have lost your way somewhere and ended up aground
in OT marsh.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Yup, you're probably right. Too much free time lately.

John, here's a suggestion: no matter what the weather, get out on the water.

Then, I guarantee, the pettiness and animosity that has been pervading this
newsgroup for months will fade from your perception--and you won't feel like
contributing to it in any way. --note smiley

Me, I've just come back from 8 days on the high seas, half of which was in the
beautiful Sea of Cortez, and all of which was spent being shamelessly catered
to.

I can highly recommend Celebrity--but they wouldn't let me drive the damn boat!
I even brought my own GPS.

Joe Parsons

I can't get on the water until April 1st. My boat is in a boatel, way
back at the end on the highest rack. The marina has filled the open
area with boats from slips and won't have them all out until late
March. It's driving me crazy. But I knew the deal when I signed on the
dotted line, so I can't bitch too much.

And yet, here you are, bitching too much! (kidding...kidding!)

Then go out to the marina with food and beverage of your choice, possibly
something to smoke (I enjoyed some of Fidel's finest while in Mexico) and gaze
longingly at other people's boats. Think of it as foreplay.

Your trip sounds wonderful. The wife and I are going to Holland during
the last of April for a couple weeks. That will be fun, but not like a
cruise. I've been thinking of a cruise up to Alaska one of these days
when she retires. We'll see.

Why wait? We had an excellent experience with Cruise.com and with Celebrity. I
did come to believe the rule of thumb about the cost, though--it's easy to
double the cost of your cruise with the "extras" like beverages, massages and
such.

But it was SO worth it!

I'll try to be good for a while.

Good plan!

Joe Parsons

Harry Krause

Don White wrote:
John H wrote in message

Are you implying that the article I posted about Iraqi NCOs is some
type of "brainwashing?" Do you think Sgt. Susan German is into
brainwashing? Or could she just be reporting a positive piece of news
about Iraq? Do you believe that there is *nothing* good happening in
Iraq, or does it just upset you to *hear* about it?

John H

Sorry...I came of age during the Vietnam era. I just don't believe most of
what the military says.
Call me cynical if you want.

Most of the military pr crap that herring posts here isn't news by any
news organization's standards, which is why hardly any legit news
outlets pick it up.
Lawrence James

Take your ****ing off topic crap about bush the idiot elsewhere.

"John H" wrote in message
This must be secret because it hasn't been on any of the news
programs.

Class Work Complete, ICDC NCOs Ready to Lead

by Sgt. Susan German. 122nd MPAD

BAGHDAD, Iraq - The Iraqi Civil Defense Corps officially welcomed its
NCO "backbone" during graduation ceremonies for the first Primarily
Leadership Development Course March 11.

The NCOs completed the first class of the Primary Leadership
Development Course conducted in Iraq by the United States Army.

The ceremony was held at the Camp Muleskinner, which is home to the
2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment's Support Squadron. The regiment is part
of Task Force 1st Armored Division.

One hundred sixteen ICDC soldiers participated in the historic
ceremony. The program followed the U.S. Army's traditional ceremonial
sequence of events.

It began with the arrival of the official party, which included
members of the cadre, as well as guest speaker Command Sgt. Maj.
Michael Bush, 1st Armored Division command sergeant major.

Following the national anthems of the United States and Iraq, the new
noncommissioned officers recited the NCO creed and charge in their
native language.

"You are the history makers of this great country," Bush told the
NCOs.

He and Master Sgt. Johnny McKenzie, the NCO academy commandant,
presented diplomas to the soldiers. As they walked through a receiving
line, their chevrons were "wetted down," following an NCO tradition.

Fifteen Training and Doctrine Command drill sergeants from Fort Sill,
Okla., led the trainees through a 113-hour program of instruction
(POI). The course focused on six areas: leadership, communication
skills, maintenance, professional skills, military training and
military studies. Emphasis was placed on leadership and professional
skills.

Following a strict training schedule, the Iraqi soldiers practiced
drill and ceremony and conducted physical training during the two-week
course. Every classroom had an interpreter and instructional slides
were presented in both English and Arabic. Soldiers were required to
take a written exam and also received periodic counseling to evaluate
their progress.

The initial course was opened up to soldiers serving in senior
leadership positions such as platoon sergeant through sergeant major.
Attendees were recommended for the course by their U.S. Army partners.
Most served in leadership positions to prepare them for attendance in
the class. Medical screening and background checks were conducted
before soldiers reported for class.

"The general theme of the course was "BE KNOW DO." Three simple words
that the (Iraqi) Soldiers could speak, are easy to remember and when
you apply the concept to the NCO corps, that's what we expect," said
Sgt. Maj. David Davenport, the 1AD operations section sergeant major
(G3).

The drill sergeants said they were pleased with the progress made by
their students. They learned basic commands in Arabic, but depended on
interpreters to relay their messages. Drill sergeant Staff Sgt.
Richard George said the cadre ensured that commands were understood
correctly was through repetition of every task.

The respect that the ICDC soldiers had for their instructors became
evident during the post-ceremony celebrations. The new NCOs hoisted
their drill sergeants onto their shoulders while chanting traditional
Iraqi cheers and songs as they carried them around the hall.

The ceremony marked a new beginning for the NCOs and their country as
they assumed leadership positions in their nation's defense, Davenport
said.

"I'm very excited about it," Davenport said. "They're very eager to
assume their new role."

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

Bill

Here goes Harry again talking all that liberal crap again. He seems to think
the liberal news media is telling the truth. He believes everything they are
saying about the war in Iraq is true. He lives in a Democratic Sand bucket.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
John H wrote in message

Are you implying that the article I posted about Iraqi NCOs is some
type of "brainwashing?" Do you think Sgt. Susan German is into
brainwashing? Or could she just be reporting a positive piece of news
about Iraq? Do you believe that there is *nothing* good happening in
Iraq, or does it just upset you to *hear* about it?

John H

Sorry...I came of age during the Vietnam era. I just don't believe

most of
what the military says.
Call me cynical if you want.

Most of the military pr crap that herring posts here isn't news by any
news organization's standards, which is why hardly any legit news
outlets pick it up.

basskisser

"Bill" wrote in message ...
Here goes Harry again talking all that liberal crap again. He seems to think
the liberal news media is telling the truth.

As opposed to the BushCo spinners, who always tell the truth, right?

He believes everything they are
saying about the war in Iraq is true.

What has the liberal media said about Iraq that is not true? Where ARE
those pesky weapons of mass destruction, anyway?
Bill

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Bill" wrote in message

Here goes Harry again talking all that liberal crap again. He seems to

think
the liberal news media is telling the truth.

As opposed to the BushCo spinners, who always tell the truth, right?

He believes everything they are
saying about the war in Iraq is true.

What has the liberal media said about Iraq that is not true? Where ARE
those pesky weapons of mass destruction, anyway?

He used them all on his own people. Oh if this is all you have on the war I
think YOU NEED TO SHUT UP. That I all I have been hearing from all you
L-babies. If you Believe the liberal news media I have a brand new Checkmate
23 foot boat I will sell you for a dollar..Yea Right Let me know if you want
it...asskisser

basskisser

"Bill" wrote in message

Here goes Harry again talking all that liberal crap again. He seems to

think
the liberal news media is telling the truth.

As opposed to the BushCo spinners, who always tell the truth, right?

He believes everything they are
saying about the war in Iraq is true.

What has the liberal media said about Iraq that is not true? Where ARE
those pesky weapons of mass destruction, anyway?

He used them all on his own people. Oh if this is all you have on the war I
think YOU NEED TO SHUT UP. That I all I have been hearing from all you
L-babies. If you Believe the liberal news media I have a brand new Checkmate
23 foot boat I will sell you for a dollar.

What an intelligent sounding post...NOT!! Again, please answer this:
What has the "liberal media" said about the Iraq war that is not true?
basskisser

"Bill" wrote in message ...
Here goes Harry again talking all that liberal crap again. He seems to think
the liberal news media is telling the truth. He believes everything they are
saying about the war in Iraq is true. He lives in a Democratic Sand bucket.

If you know so damned much, prove him different.