Drew Cutter

Default Energy drinks

Any suggestion on what energy drinks to put in my hydration pack ? What
about snacks for energy ?
Grip

I've learned a trick that works for me, especially when when playing up a
CLass III-IV river all day long, I mention this because I get into so much I
often forget to properly hydrate....do a 50\50 mix of water and gatorade.
The GA by itself does not quench your thist.
"Drew Cutter" wrote in message
Any suggestion on what energy drinks to put in my hydration pack ? What
about snacks for energy ?

Drew Cutter

Ya the class III and IV is where I'm worried about using up allot of
energy. Gatorade seems to be the best so far. I manage to make it
through one run down the river without lunch. Not again. I was really
dragging by the time we were done.

Grip wrote:
I've learned a trick that works for me, especially when when playing up a
CLass III-IV river all day long, I mention this because I get into so much I
often forget to properly hydrate....do a 50\50 mix of water and gatorade.
The GA by itself does not quench your thist.
"Drew Cutter" wrote in message

Any suggestion on what energy drinks to put in my hydration pack ? What
about snacks for energy ?

Brian Nystrom

Drew Cutter wrote:
Any suggestion on what energy drinks to put in my hydration pack ? What
about snacks for energy ?

I've been using Gookinaid since the 70's. I've tried most of the others
on the market, but have always come back to it. I find it to be the most
palatable (I recommend the orange and lemonade flavors) and it's also
considerably less expensive than the others, particularly if you buy it
by the case. REI sells their small sample pack and the 1 kilogram tubs.

www.gookinaid.com
Steve Cramer

Brian Nystrom wrote:

Drew Cutter wrote:

Any suggestion on what energy drinks to put in my hydration pack ?
What about snacks for energy ?

I've been using Gookinaid since the 70's.

Yeah, that's pretty good stuff. One important thing, at least for me, is
not just the energy, but the electrolyte replacement. I got myself into
a really bad state once: drank plenty of water, didn't eat much, and
ended up cramping all over. Couldn't even take my paddle jacket off at
the takeout, hands wouldn't let go. Since I've started taking a Camelbak
of water and a bottle of Gatorade or Gookinade, no problems

Steve

--
Steve Cramer
Athens, GA

Steve Cramer

Drew Cutter wrote:
Steve why do you put water in the camelback over a water bottle ? and
not gookinade in the camelback.

I use the camelback because it ensures I'll drink constantly, not just
when I have time to pop the skirt. And I think I need about twice as
much plain water (50 oz reservoir) as I do Gookinade (22 oz bike bottle).

Steve Cramer wrote:

Brian Nystrom wrote:

Drew Cutter wrote:

Any suggestion on what energy drinks to put in my hydration pack ?
What about snacks for energy ?

I've been using Gookinaid since the 70's.

Yeah, that's pretty good stuff. One important thing, at least for me,
is not just the energy, but the electrolyte replacement. I got myself
into a really bad state once: drank plenty of water, didn't eat much,
and ended up cramping all over. Couldn't even take my paddle jacket
off at the takeout, hands wouldn't let go. Since I've started taking a
Camelbak of water and a bottle of Gatorade or Gookinade, no problems

Steve

--
Steve Cramer
Athens, GA
Brian Nystrom

Drew Cutter wrote:
Steve why do you put water in the camelback over a water bottle ? and
not gookinade in the camelback.

I do exactly the opposite. I carry Gookinaid in a hydration bladder on
my PFD and water in my day hatch as a backup fluid source. I've found
that drinking primarily Gookinaid prevents me from feeling bonked before
lunch and at the end of the day.

John Fereira

Steve Cramer wrote in news:%JRee.43613$QR1.36324
@fe04.lga:

Brian Nystrom wrote:

Drew Cutter wrote:

Any suggestion on what energy drinks to put in my hydration pack ?
What about snacks for energy ?

I've been using Gookinaid since the 70's.

Yeah, that's pretty good stuff. One important thing, at least for me, is
not just the energy, but the electrolyte replacement. I got myself into
a really bad state once: drank plenty of water, didn't eat much, and
ended up cramping all over. Couldn't even take my paddle jacket off at
the takeout, hands wouldn't let go. Since I've started taking a Camelbak
of water and a bottle of Gatorade or Gookinade, no problems

Never heard of Gookinade.

When my son was sick awhile back and we were concerned about dehydration his
doctor recommended Powerade instead of Gatorade. It's not as sweet but
otherwise has all the same good stuff in it and hydrates just as well.