Default Replacement microwave

I need to replace the microwave on my Maxum 2400SCR. The dealer wants
over $500 for an exact replacement of what was a very basic microwave.
I have searched high and low at retailers and online but haven't found
any small enough. The problem is the depth is only 11". I find plenty
that fit the length and width, but not the depth. The dimensions I
have to work with are 18Lx10.5Hx11D. Anyone found a good small
replacement micro?

tony thomas

I would buy the small compact one at Sears for $50 and figure out how to get
it set back an extra 2" or let it stick out a little.

What brand is the current one? It will have it on it somewhere.

--
Tony
my boats and cars at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com
wrote in message
oups.com...
I need to replace the microwave on my Maxum 2400SCR. The dealer wants
over $500 for an exact replacement of what was a very basic microwave.
I have searched high and low at retailers and online but haven't found
any small enough. The problem is the depth is only 11". I find plenty
that fit the length and width, but not the depth. The dimensions I
have to work with are 18Lx10.5Hx11D. Anyone found a good small
replacement micro?

The old one was stolen which doesn't help...I can't remember the make.

Clams Canino

Make the dealer *tell* you the brand. Try an RV catalog too. $500 for a
little assed toy microwave is absurd.

-W

wrote in message
oups.com...
The old one was stolen which doesn't help...I can't remember the make.

The old one was stolen which doesn't help...I can't remember the make.

***********

Probably stolen by somebody else who was quoted $500 for a $99
appliance.

Check out the smallest Sanyo's. I've seen some of them in compact
galleys.
New boat specs don't usually list the appliance by brand name, unless
it's something prestigious that adds some sales value. Builders like
the flexibility of switching suppliers on the small stuff, just in case
somebody offers them a screaming deal.

How old is your Maxum? Any chance you can just take a look at another
one on a showroom floor or broker's dock to see what make and model the
microwave is?

JimH

Try posting at this site:

http://www.maxumowners.org/