Joe Webster

Default Looking for replacement sterndrive 'screens'?

Hey everyone,

We have a 1987 SeaRay Seville with a Mercruiser 164 4-cyl and a Stern
drive. I'm not sure what exact stern drive we have, I know there is a few
that all look the same and have some differences.

Basically we lost the "screens" that go over the water intake for the
water pump. We've tried to find some replacements but have had no luck.

Can anyone send me a picture if they have a camera, or better yet, where
we might find some replacement ones.

Ours are at the bottom of the ocean somewhere and I don't want to go
looking for them

TIA,
Joe

JR North

How about doing a little detective work, there Joe, and find
out which model you have before deciding you can't find
replacement parts. Put at least *some* effort into it.
JR

--
Remove X to reply

Home Page: http://www.seanet.com/~jasonXrnorth
bomar

**** poor effort trying to locate parts.....
It's most likely an Alpha 1 Gen 1, and those intake parts are available at
any Mercruiser dealer or any one of 100's of places online.
Where did you look? You bedroom closet and under the living room rug?
Ever hear of Google?
Sell the boat, take up cutting out pictures of cakes as a hobby.

"Joe Webster" wrote in message
Hey everyone,

We have a 1987 SeaRay Seville with a Mercruiser 164 4-cyl and a Stern
drive. I'm not sure what exact stern drive we have, I know there is a few
that all look the same and have some differences.

Basically we lost the "screens" that go over the water intake for the
water pump. We've tried to find some replacements but have had no luck.

Can anyone send me a picture if they have a camera, or better yet,

where
we might find some replacement ones.

Ours are at the bottom of the ocean somewhere and I don't want to go
looking for them

TIA,
Joe

bomar

....... take up cutting out pictures of cakes as a hobby.

ROFL....... I'm gonna keep that one......

--

Actually I stole that one from a Simpson's episode.....but I always liked it
and was waiting for an appropriate chance to recycle it

Joe Webster

"bomar" wrote in message
**** poor effort trying to locate parts.....
It's most likely an Alpha 1 Gen 1, and those intake parts are available at
any Mercruiser dealer or any one of 100's of places online.
Where did you look? You bedroom closet and under the living room rug?
Ever hear of Google?
Sell the boat, take up cutting out pictures of cakes as a hobby.

I was in a rush out the door and didn't want to give incorrect
infomation -- I wanted to check to make sure it was the model I thought it
was. I knew it was an Alpha, but didn't know if it was a R, MR, or ALPHA
ONE. We had discovered what model it was, but I couldn't remember for sure.
My brother and I just finished completely rebuilding the engine, and had
found that StemToStern.com had the parts that were broken/missing from the
boat. This is the first time since we started this project that I've come to
this newsgroup for help, and I'm sorry to hear that there are people so
quick to judge based on one post.

We couldn't find these screens on the site, the book we bought didn't
even mention them, and google didn't help much either. I assumed I was
calling them the wrong thing and wanted to find out what they were called.

My question still stands if anyone wants to be helpfull.

-Joe

SternDrive Gear ratios General 5 October 4th 03 12:35 AM
gear lube for 88 OMC sterndrive (4.3L) Billgran General 1 September 10th 03 04:42 PM
OMC sterndrive steering question Chenz759 General 0 August 23rd 03 03:08 PM
OMC Sterndrive Mechanic? Bay Area Los Faines de Alameda General 1 July 30th 03 08:07 AM