dg

Default Halogen replacement bulb numbers for 12V spotlights ???

Anybody know the generic bulb number for the 12V halogen bulbs in
Brinkmann Q-Beam Max Million spotlights - they're probably all the
same in these kind of handheld lights - it looks like a big glass
peanut with 2 straight pins on the bottom.

Brinkmann wants $17 for a replacement - gotta be cheaper ways to do
this.

Steve

Just buy a new lite from Harbor Frieght. I it's not of the same quality as
your Brinkmann, then just take the bulb and battery for spares.

HF usually has them for between $9 and $12 each.

I have also found that the 110vac wallwarts go bad on all of these lights if
left plugged in for extended periods of time. (For a while I thought the
batteries were going bad, but it turned out to be the wall transformers. Now
I have a half dozen lights and only two working transformers. The 12 vdc
adaptors seem to work for ever.)

BTW. Never touch these halogen bulbs with your bare fingers. The oil from
your skill with cause the bulb to burn our prematurely. Just use a tissue.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Larry W4CSC

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:35:41 -0800, dg
wrote:

Anybody know the generic bulb number for the 12V halogen bulbs in
Brinkmann Q-Beam Max Million spotlights - they're probably all the
same in these kind of handheld lights - it looks like a big glass
peanut with 2 straight pins on the bottom.

Brinkmann wants $17 for a replacement - gotta be cheaper ways to do
this.

H3-100 is a standard auto 100W headlamp bulb. $4.97 for the GE model
at WalMart's car department. 80 ft away, in the flashlight section,
WalMart sells the Q-Beam version of the same EXACT bulb (without
calling it an H3-100) for $12.97.

What crap, eh?

I got an offbrand 12V searchlight with a huge reflector for $3 in a
thrift shop, my favorite stores...(c; The bulb was bad. The H3-100
will blister paint off a car....hee hee...

Don't think so? Put your hand in the beam!

Larry W4CSC

No, no, Scotty! I said, "Beam me a wrench.", not a WENCH!
Kirk Out.....

Steve

Hmmm! My Harbor Frieght search lights are all 6 volt.. So my previous post
may have been in error.

Is this OP Brinkmann actually 12 volts??

Steve
s/v Good Intentions