Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tom

Default yamaha outboard engine noise

I have a new Yamaha 200 (ox66) outboard with just 22 hours on it. The other
day I took it out and noticed a slight metallic rattling noise while it was
idling, seemed to go away after a few minutes, then while running about
3600rpm's I heard a loud thud coming from the engine, no change in
performance just a loud thud... I stopped and checked everything over and
then continued, every so often we would hear this same noise..can't find
anything obviously wrong..just looking for some ideas before I take it back
to the dealer. Thanks... Tom

Outboard Engine submerged in fresh water - What to do? Rili General 7 February 6th 05 03:41 PM
Yamaha Outboard question Country_Chiel Boat Building 3 December 7th 04 10:13 PM
Yamaha 9.9 outboard runs smooth then sputters [email protected] Cruising 15 July 29th 04 09:36 PM
Overheating Yamaha 200 OverHot General 2 October 21st 03 07:24 AM
Good outboard engine forums? Rob Pilgrim General 4 July 11th 03 12:30 AM