Country_Chiel

Default Yamaha Outboard question

I have a new Yamaha 2HP 2 stroke outboard. Iread the instructions and I am
unsure if it has gear oil when new. It goes into detail about having to
change this oil later so I assume it already has gear oil (that's near the
prop of course). Is this right?
Also can I test it in a bucket of water!

Thanks

Sal's Dad

I think you can assume it's "ready to go" when the dealer hands it to you.

If you discover they forgot oil, run it 'til it seizes, so you'll get a new
motor, rather than a repair, under warranty ( a lesson I learned the hard
way, with a new '85 Dodge Caravan).

Yes, you can test it in a bucket. If it doesn't have a "neutral" shift,
you may want to remove the prop before starting it in a bucket.

"Country_Chiel" wrote in message
I have a new Yamaha 2HP 2 stroke outboard. Iread the instructions and I am
unsure if it has gear oil when new. It goes into detail about having to
change this oil later so I assume it already has gear oil (that's near the
prop of course). Is this right?
Also can I test it in a bucket of water!

Thanks

Boots

Do not run it too long in a bucket as the water gets hot and
will not cool the engine
"Sal's Dad" wrote
in message ...
[...]

outboard electrical question habbi General 2 September 20th 04 06:04 PM
Outboard repair question gccch General 5 September 4th 04 05:48 PM
'96 Yamaha 115 Outboard Problem Chad General 1 April 17th 04 04:19 AM
Mounting outboard on swim platform question Capt. Frank Hopkins General 5 January 30th 04 07:29 PM
Yamaha outboard shift rod [email protected] General 1 August 18th 03 06:53 PM