Henry Blackmoore

Default Who voted today?

In article c3dhc2g=.424583ef4b1bdd44bffcbe4cb9aa360f@1078334 701.nulluser.com, "Harry Krause" wrote:

Henry Blackmoore wrote:

In article , Harry Krause

wrote:

Henry Blackmoore wrote:

In article , Harry Krause
wrote:

My bride and I just voted in the Democratic primary. We both voted for
Kerry. I was surprised by the large turnout, even at 6:45 pm.

I voted (early voting) for a local Sheriff who is running for the

Precinct 4
Constable's seat. And he is a Republican and a Captain in the Army
Reserve (currently in Iraq) too!

Troy Nehls is one helluva nice guy and is a Commander of the Rosenberg
Texas VFW Post.

http://www.votenehls.com/home.asp

Of course around here the Democrats don't even bother to field

candidates
in most elections. They know better.

Yeah...all those burned out and closed minds in Texas.

As I said before our Texa economy, if we were a nation instead of a state
would rank something like EIGHTH place in order of strongest world

economies.

Not bad for such "closed minds" eh?

:^P

Texas is either the worst or among the worst states in terms of
pollution, in terms of educating its youngsters, in terms of providing
medical care for its poor, in terms of assuring equal justice before the
law, et cetera, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. If Texas has such a wonderful
economy, why isn't it spending its money on improving the lives of the
people who live in the state?

I've been to Texas several times. While there are a couple of places
that are mildly interesting, and even a couple that are physically
attractive, the state is a bow-wow.

ho-hum.... yawn....

come on kruase you can do better than that.

Henry Blackmoore

In article p5q1c.8287$Pc.6845@okepread02, "maui1015" wrote:

Texas is either the worst or among the worst states in terms of
pollution, in terms of educating its youngsters, in terms of providing
medical care for its poor, in terms of assuring equal justice before the
law, et cetera, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. If Texas has such a wonderful
economy, why isn't it spending its money on improving the lives of the
people who live in the state?

I've been to Texas several times. While there are a couple of places
that are mildly interesting, and even a couple that are physically
attractive, the state is a bow-wow.

Being originally from Texas (Galveston), I'd like to say that you are
incorrect. Unfortunately, you aren't. Texas isn't doing as well as it
should in education, pollution, teacher's pay, quality of life, poverty
levels, etc. I lived my first 25 years there and my last 24 in Oklahoma,
which ranks below Texas in some of these same catagories (I lost my
engineering position of 23 years last year after a factory closing due to
outsourcing). However, I will say that IMHO there are more than just a
couple of places that are interesting in both states. I especially like the
variety of lakes in Oklahoma that I can put my boat on (attempt to stay
on-topic?).

Don J. (maui)

gee, a BOI burn out living in Oklahoma? Been to your home town lately?
maybe you should check it out?

matter of fact why don't you stay where you are at? we don't need
any whiny losers like yourself.

Texas is a great state with wonderful people from all walks of life.

If you want to join Krause in his 'glass is half-full' outlook on anything
that he disagrees with (mostly everything) then be my guest.
But only a fool discounts a whole state or region with a wave of the
hand and overlooks the good that is easily found there in.

maui1015

gee, a BOI burn out living in Oklahoma? Been to your home town lately?
maybe you should check it out?

matter of fact why don't you stay where you are at? we don't need
any whiny losers like yourself.

Texas is a great state with wonderful people from all walks of life.

If you want to join Krause in his 'glass is half-full' outlook on anything
that he disagrees with (mostly everything) then be my guest.
But only a fool discounts a whole state or region with a wave of the
hand and overlooks the good that is easily found there in.

Yes, I have been to my home town lately. My family still lives there and I
come home often. I also never said that Texas wasn't a great state. I have
pride in both states that I grew up in and was educated in and would hardly
care to live anywhere else. I'm not joining anyone else's outlook. I would
like to be able to say the both Texas and Oklahoma, both states that I love
being a part of, are the at the top of every catagory. Unfortunately, we
are not. That is not 'discounting a whole state or region' as you say, but
rather stating an unpleasant statistical fact. I want and hope for better.

Don J.

Henry Blackmoore

In article EBr1c.8293$Pc.411@okepread02, "maui1015" wrote:

[...]

Name the state and you can find "unpleasant statistical facts".

So what are you? A statistician?

Actually you must be a Mexican, everybody knows that the definition
of a "True Texan" is a Mexican on his way to Oklahoma.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out Pablo....

maui1015

Name the state and you can find "unpleasant statistical facts".

So what are you? A statistician?

Actually you must be a Mexican, everybody knows that the definition
of a "True Texan" is a Mexican on his way to Oklahoma.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out Pablo....

No, I'm not a statistician or Hispanic. I think that I am a realist who
doesn't have his head buried in the sand and wants better for his kids than
the bitterness and mediocrity that you defend.

Don J.

Henry Blackmoore

In article HGt1c.8848$Pc.4293@okepread02, "maui1015" wrote:

Name the state and you can find "unpleasant statistical facts".

So what are you? A statistician?

Actually you must be a Mexican, everybody knows that the definition
of a "True Texan" is a Mexican on his way to Oklahoma.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out Pablo....

No, I'm not a statistician or Hispanic. I think that I am a realist who
doesn't have his head buried in the sand and wants better for his kids than
the bitterness and mediocrity that you defend.

And you live in Oklahoma?

Don J.

maui1015

Default OT Who voted today?

hlink.net...

wrote:

Name the state and you can find "unpleasant statistical facts".

So what are you? A statistician?

Actually you must be a Mexican, everybody knows that the definition
of a "True Texan" is a Mexican on his way to Oklahoma.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out Pablo....

No, I'm not a statistician or Hispanic. I think that I am a realist who
doesn't have his head buried in the sand and wants better for his kids

than
the bitterness and mediocrity that you defend.

And you live in Oklahoma?

Don J.

Yes, we live in Oklahoma. My wife, kids, and I aren't looking to live
anywhere else but this area (Oklahoma/Texas). The people in our view are
great, the cost of living is less, all of our families are in this area, all
the things that we enjoy are here. Do I love my state(s)? Yes. Is it
all positive? No. Teacher's salaries are near the lowest in the nation,
as well as high school completion, teen birth rates, etc., etc., etc. These
are just facts that I'm not necessarily losing sleep over, but not totally
ignoring.

Don J.

Bert Robbins

"bb" wrote in message
On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 06:08:46 GMT, WaIIy
wrote:

BTW, did you know that Kerry went back to his "heroic" actions and
filmed them while he was in Vietnam? He shows the films to this day.

I somehow doubt GWB will do the same. Animal House II.

Bush went on to become a Governor, not just a Lt. Governor and then he went
on to become the President not just a Senator. Seems like Bush has done a
little better in his career then Kerry.

Bert

Calif Bill

wrote:

BTW, did you know that Kerry went back to his "heroic" actions and
filmed them while he was in Vietnam? He shows the films to this day.

I somehow doubt GWB will do the same. Animal House II.

Bush went on to become a Governor, not just a Lt. Governor and then he

went
on to become the President not just a Senator. Seems like Bush has done a
little better in his career then Kerry.

straw man

bb

Yes, Kerry is. Has not shown any leadership in his years in Congress.

O.T. 30 years ago vs. Today RGrew176 General 0 February 10th 04 03:46 PM
Help, Harry, I don't understand (little OT) John H General 23 February 2nd 04 01:56 AM
Today in History Harry Krause General 3 January 26th 04 05:05 PM
Another boating adventure today Jim and Becky General 1 September 29th 03 12:37 AM
**FINALLY** went boating today! YEAH!!!! frank news General 0 August 14th 03 10:36 PM