Harry Krause

Default Today in History

From one of my on-line literary calendars:

On this day in 1788 Captain Arthur Phillip brought the first British
convict ships to anchor in Botany Bay, Australia. Over the next eighty
years 825 such ships would bring 160,000 men and women to serve their
"transportation" sentence -- seven years for most, fourteen or life for
some, no time at all for the significant number unable to survive the
eight-month voyage. Captain Phillip went on to become the first Governor
of Australia, and today became Australia Day -- the nation so proud of
being bad-to-the-bone that web sites such as convictcentral.com offer a
full listing of all those transported and an adopt-a-service for those
disappointed to find no founding criminals in the family tree.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Harry Krause

Don White wrote:

And we wonder why Karen is the way she is??
Who knows what her forefathers were convicted of!

Harry Krause wrote in message
From one of my on-line literary calendars:

On this day in 1788 Captain Arthur Phillip brought the first British
convict ships to anchor in Botany Bay, Australia. Over the next eighty
years 825 such ships would bring 160,000 men and women to serve their
"transportation" sentence -- seven years for most, fourteen or life for
some, no time at all for the significant number unable to survive the
eight-month voyage. Captain Phillip went on to become the first Governor
of Australia, and today became Australia Day -- the nation so proud of
being bad-to-the-bone that web sites such as convictcentral.com offer a
full listing of all those transported and an adopt-a-service for those
disappointed to find no founding criminals in the family tree.

I check Levicticus: Sodomy, bestiality, and uncleanness.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Don White

My, my!
I would have thought stalker...serial killer. Don't believe they ever did
find 'Jack the Ripper'.
Wonder if he was shipped to Australia for lesser crimes?