Matt

Default Wakeboard Questions.....

I'm planning on purchasing a wakeboard. (i'm about 155-160 lbs) Beg/Inter at
wakeboarding. I have been looking at the 140-143cm boards... I see they
state starting at 160lbs any suggestions...

Board I'm looking at is the Hyperlite Vero 143 with Spin or Split bindings.

Also any good wakeboards forums / boards?

D0N ßailey

"Matt" wrote in message
I'm planning on purchasing a wakeboard. (i'm about 155-160 lbs) Beg/Inter

at
wakeboarding. I have been looking at the 140-143cm boards... I see they
state starting at 160lbs any suggestions...

Board I'm looking at is the Hyperlite Vero 143 with Spin or Split

bindings.

Also any good wakeboards forums / boards?

Buy a decent wakeboard,
buy a top of the line rope.

Don't forget to don a lifevest before plunging in the
water with a wakeboard attached to your feet. It's
awfully hard to swim with one of those things on.

db

Rod McInnis

"Matt" wrote in message
I'm planning on purchasing a wakeboard. (i'm about 155-160 lbs) Beg/Inter

at
wakeboarding. I have been looking at the 140-143cm boards... I see they
state starting at 160lbs any suggestions...

If you can, ride before you buy.

My first board was one that a friend gave to us. It was okay for an
introduction. I took my son to a local pro for lessons, and he had a
chance to demo a few "shop" boards and fairly quickly moved up to a much
better board.

That board lasted a couple of years, but then he went from ~150 pounds to
~170 pounds and the board was too small. At the end of the season, we rented
a few demo boards from a couple of different local shops and tried them out.
One weekend: do a run with this board, stop, change the same bindings to a
different board, repeat the run.

We ended up with a board that my son and I both liked. The money spent on
the rental was well worth it, plus the shop we bought from applied 50% of
the rental towards the purchase.

We kept the original board with sandal bindings for teaching first time
beginners.
The second board has been handed down to my daughter

Rod

Mickey

Hey Matt

My kids bought me a O'Brian Double Ender for fathers day 7 years ago when I
turned 40 I'm not sure of the length though. I'm a big guy at 250 plus and
though I dam near drank the lake but I fooled the kids and I learned how to
get up on that board. Then I wanted a new toy so I bought a Hyperlite Phatty
which I think is the biggest board they make and it's the caddy for big guys
and beginners. I have the O'Brian Morph bindings so several riders can share
the same board but two of them have failed so far and O'Brian doesn't have
spare parts which ****ed me off at $160 a pop! You don't need the $50,000
boats with the big towers we wakeboard behind a small 16' trihull with a
85hp motor. I picked up one of those four foot ski pylons from West Marine
and they work fantastic for both kneeboarding and wakeboarding behind a
small boat. For the big air the bigger the better on the wakes though. I'm
putting in a 100 hp motor this spring as the old Mercury died of old age
last year, can't wait to be out on the lake again.